Elections for SMSA Exco 2013-2014
April 27 (Saturday), 2pm
The academic year is coming to a close, and it is soon time for you to elect your SMSA Exco to serve you (maybe feed you) for the next academic year! Only members are allowed to nominate, vote, and run for office. If you have never become a member and would like to take part in the process, please contact the current Exco, and arrange for a 10 dollars commitment fee to be paid towards next semesters membership dues.
So here is a brief overview of the election process and dates that you should take note of:
- Nominate who you think is suitable for a given position
- Includes self-nominations
- Vice President
- Event Directors (number decided by elected president)
Candidates may run for more than one position.
Members please click here to cast your nominations (login required). Nominations close April 12.
A detailed description of the roles can be found in the constitution.
2. Notification of Nominations
Nominees will be notified by email individually
3. Acceptance of Nominations
Nominees are to reply on an online form of whether they want to accept the nominated positions and run for the positions.
4. Full List of Candidates
All members will be informed of the final list of candidates so that you can think about who to vote for.
5. Election Day
- All nominees are to prepare a short speech
- 4 mins for President/Vice-President
- 3 mins for all other officer positions
- Members to vote for candidates
- Announcement of newly elected Exco
List of dates:
1. Deadline to accept Nominations from everyone - April 12 (Friday)
2. Notification of Nominations to Nominees - April 14 (Sunday)
3. Deadline for Nominees to respond to Nominations - April 19 (Friday)
4. Release of Full List of Candidates - April 20 (Saturday)
5. Elections Day - April 27 (Saturday)
We look forward to your participation in the upcoming elections!