wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Easy: Stupid »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 5:07am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, Eigenray, SMQ, Grimbal, towr, william wu, Icarus)
   Easy: Stupid
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Easy: Stupid  (Read 6849 times)
James G

Email

Easy: Stupid  
« on: Jul 24th, 2002, 2:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ok, at each of those listed is an end (or a beginning, but that's a kind of end). Of course, actually each _is_ an end (or a beginning), but by _being_ an end (or beginning), and being located (in space and/or time as appropriate) in the same place as it is itself located (as things generally are), each is where it is at (so to speak).
However I think there may be some problems with the question. I guess it's probably ok to use "at" to inspecifically refer to space and/or time, if this is necessary? (I've used "end" this way in my answer.) However the concepts of the beginning of eternity and the end of time are not compatible (if they refer to the same universe in the same way). And I would suggest that an end has location but not substance, so isn't the kind of thing that can have a beginning (or at least if it does, then the beginning of the end and the end of the end are the same thing, namely the original end). And perhaps a place may have more than one end?

Of course, you change it into a little puzzle about the letter "e", if you added quotation marks around those phrases, but that would just be... well, stupid.   Tongue
IP Logged
AFamiliarFace

Email

Re: Easy: Stupid  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26th, 2002, 11:51am »

Sillly me missed the obvious answer.  I thought it was talking about an edge.
IP Logged
James G

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31st, 2002, 1:49am »

Yes, "edge" might be a better word than "end". I considered "edge" to refer exclusively to space, but electronics engineers use it to refer to time in relation to electronic signals, I guess that is what you were thinking of.
IP Logged
Jeffrey Mayer

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 6:34pm »

You are thinking WAY too hard. The answer is in the question itself. It's the letter "e"  beginning of   e ternity the end of  
tim e  and spac e and so on. Grin
IP Logged
wakiza33

industrial Engineer // Berkeley Alumnus

« Reply #4 on: Sep 12th, 2014, 8:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Clever one.
IP Logged

Binder Jetting Engineer
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »