wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Stuck "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA" »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 4:35am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: Grimbal, Icarus, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Eigenray, towr, SMQ)
   Stuck "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stuck "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA"  (Read 2209 times)
brainstrain

Stuck "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA"  
« on: Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm not even supposed to be here, since I came across this site while googling for something else.  Unfortunately for me, I can't figure out this "easy" puzzle.   It's nagging me and your search returns nothing for "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA".  So now I'm registered and several tangents away from why I turned on my PC today.

What is the solution for {uhm, I was only trying to link to the easy wuriddles site that got me here -- I can't post a link as a new member.  I hope you know what riddle I am talking about} "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA" and I'm also intrigued by "TWO CONDOMS, THREE WOMEN".

I saw something about "hide" tags, but if there is a PM feature, I guess you could use that instead.

Please just give me the fish on this one.  I'll be back to better my reasoning skills some other time.
"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Stuck "MYSTERIOUS TRIANGLE AREA"  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

(link to riddle)

Hint: check the angle (or ratio of the sides) of the triangular pieces.

Answer: The two completed figures aren't triangles. One is a concave quadrangle the other a convex one. But the fourth angle is very close to 180 degrees, so it's hard to notice.

(select text to unhide)
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2013, 10:40am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »