wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Tattoo artistry »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 1:06am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: william wu, Grimbal, Icarus, SMQ, Eigenray, towr, ThudnBlunder)
   Tattoo artistry
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tattoo artistry  (Read 538 times)
Roy42
Senior Riddler

ddhilltop2

Tattoo artistry  
« on: Jul 24th, 2006, 3:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Would you believe it but Moshe wants a tattoo on his arm. He goes into town to check out the only two practicing tattooists there so he can decide which one to use.  
The first parlour Moshe visits was a bit run down. The tattooist there shows Moshe his arm - on it was a recent tattoo of an alligator. But Moshe is not very impressed.  
The second parlour he visits was quite smart and nicely decorated. The tattooist there shows Moshe a recent tattoo of a ring-necked parakeet on his arm. This tattoo is very good and quite artistic. Moshe is very impressed, yet he decides to go back to the first tattoo parlour to have the work done.

So why?
IP Logged

Regards,

≈Roy42
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Tattoo artistry  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 3:29pm »

Probably the same reason one should choose the badly cut barber if there were just two
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
cchris
Senior Riddler

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 4:25pm »

I think if a place was nice but the tattoo artist had an infected arm, I'd go to another place. Or maybe it wasn't supposed to be a ring-necked parakeet.
IP Logged

Initiate: My wife ate two hamburgers, initiate a bag of potato chips.
Roy42
Senior Riddler

ddhilltop2

« Reply #3 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 5:01pm »

Aah... so i assume the barber version has been tried as well. Time for far-fetched answers! Grin
IP Logged

Regards,

≈Roy42
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 6:44pm »

It probably has been posted once or twice, but mainly, the 2-barber town puzzle is so well-known, it is classic.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
cchris
Senior Riddler

« Reply #5 on: Jul 24th, 2006, 8:16pm »

Oh, duh. Thinking of it like a barber makes it easier. I assume they can't tattoo themselves, therefore they'd have to tattoo each other. The one with the bad tattoo got the tattoo from the one with the nice shop.
IP Logged

Death

For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 3:10pm »

So wat's to stop the tattoo guys from having done their own tattoos? I know plenty of guys who have tattooed themselves without too much trouble.

Also, chances are that there is less chance of the needle being unclean etc. at the ciche tattooer's place, and therefor having ultimately less chance of infection.

Alternately, (and this actualy answers the question rather than contradicting it), the guy went to the second tattooist, had a row with him and went to the first.

Or he might have simply gone to the second expecting to see a mate who worked their, and instead got greeted by a slightly efeminate hello (not that it is bad in any way to be slightly efeminate - especially for a lady - but this guy might have had some unhappy childhood memories of a crossdressing dad or something).

Or he might even have thought about buying the place afterwards and, having seen how well kept and furnished the second place was, thought he would have more chance with the first place.
IP Logged

The theory goes that a million monkeys typing at a million typewriter will produce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know that's not true.
cchris
Senior Riddler

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10th, 2006, 7:12pm »

I'm pretty sure what I said was right (or rather, what I finally said after towr gave away the answer). But yes, I did think about it: Why wouldn't you just tattoo your own arm?  

Perhaps they opted for the arm tattoos right before they were to get them done on their backs.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »