wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - religion »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:08am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, Eigenray, Icarus, SMQ, Grimbal, william wu, towr)
   religion
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: religion  (Read 23316 times)
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

Re: religion  
« Reply #150 on: Nov 1st, 2011, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Point conceded towr, I guess I wasn't really clear with my question.

The Christians (generally) claims that Jesus was resurrected from the dead. This is one of the basic foundation on the divinity of Christ, upon which Christianity is based. For Jesus to be resurrected, he would need to die first. Question is, did he ?  

I've yet to come across any biblical reference on whether Jesus did die before his alleged (for want of a better word) resurrection. Lots of reference about him being crucified, but not on him dying.  

Unless we accept that being crucified, regardless of the duration, would certainly result in death.
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #151 on: Nov 1st, 2011, 11:43pm »

The bible does mention that he died on the cross and that this was verified by poking a spear into his side.

John 19:31-37
Quote:
31 Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32 The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33 But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of his bones will be broken,”[c] 37 and, as another scripture says, “They will look on the one they have pierced.”[d]
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2011, 11:44pm by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
khuram4u

« Reply #152 on: Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:34pm »

can you tell the exact para and phrase where there is mentioned in bible!!

on Nov 1st, 2011, 11:43pm, towr wrote:
The bible does mention that he died on the cross and that this was verified by poking a spear into his side.

John 19:31-37

IP Logged
towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #153 on: Nov 2nd, 2011, 1:04pm »

???
I... already did...
IP Logged

Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #154 on: Nov 19th, 2011, 5:07pm »

If there is a supernatural being ruling over the Universe, then it is far beyond reach of what my mind can grasp.  So whether such a being exists or not doesn't really make a difference to me.

The real question is: is there a supernatural being that is aware of our existence, that cares about our doings, wants us to behave in some way and will reward us and punish us accordingly.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2011, 5:08pm by Grimbal » IP Logged
towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #155 on: Nov 20th, 2011, 1:48am »

And if so, is it morally acceptable to let the prospect of those rewards and punishment influence our decisions on what's right and wrong.
IP Logged

aurther

« Reply #156 on: Jan 16th, 2012, 11:25pm »

In the Christian circles the divisions and emergence of different paths has to do with what people believe to be fundamental truth. I realize that many of the things that cause separate ways will be better understood when one is in it or among "them". For example if you don't believe in the Holy Spirit of the bible it is absolutely hard to understand why certain ones will go their on way because the others have refused to recognize say the importance of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.

So this is how it is generally. I find that conflicts and divisions in religion are hard to understand and often look plain silly from the outside unless and until you also believe in something. It's just amazing.
IP Logged
iatkrox

« Reply #157 on: Jul 2nd, 2012, 1:17am »

More types of peoples more religion's and also there are different kind of opinions out there that the main reason to start lots of religion's. Anyway i trust Allah and i follow rules in Islam. You have freedom to follow what you want .
IP Logged
littlemisschic

goobacks rule!

« Reply #158 on: Jul 26th, 2012, 9:59pm »

Just tell them what I told mine when they wanted me to have my son baptised.

There are far too many conflicting religions, all with different inconsistancys.  

You will read may fables in your time...

....Just not from a book that wants you to believe every word it says and not question its meaning.

We live in a world were we are able to question everything, Religion as a whole is outdated and does not speak to the modern generation.

You will chose to believe whatever you want and believe something exists, you are just unsure what?

so you are Agnostic
IP Logged
Acequotes

« Reply #159 on: Oct 4th, 2012, 2:10am »

Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Smiley
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #160 on: Oct 4th, 2012, 4:21am »

on Oct 4th, 2012, 2:10am, Acequotes wrote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Smiley

Not really. I wouldn't go so far as to claim that knowledge is more important than imagination either - you need both for just about anything.

To plan anything, you need imagination to conceive the goal and the approaches that might lead there, but you also need knowledge to evaluate those potential approaches.

To communicate with others, you need knowledge to convert ideas to words and vice versa, but you also need imagination to come up with ideas in the first place...
IP Logged
anglia

« Reply #161 on: Aug 15th, 2015, 1:12am »

Religions are made by human. Never snatch the religions from human otherwise they will make you their own religion. We should respect every religion. All are one.
IP Logged

ebooks
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »