wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - SIGN ANYWHERE (new or existing threads, no diff) »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:37am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   guestbook
(Moderators: SMQ, william wu, ThudnBlunder, towr, Grimbal, Icarus, Eigenray)
   SIGN ANYWHERE (new or existing threads, no diff)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: SIGN ANYWHERE (new or existing threads, no diff)  (Read 15494 times)
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

SIGN ANYWHERE (new or existing threads, no diff)  
« on: Jul 30th, 2002, 4:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Feel free to sign anywhere ... start a new thread or reply to an existing one. Doesn't matter to me  Smiley
IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Fan_Of_Jesus

FanOfJesus55   FanOfJesus55
Email

Re: SIGN ANYWHERE (new or existing threads, no dif  
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31st, 2002, 1:55pm »

Cheesy Hello to you Wu.  Tongue  My name is Debbie, I just got to your site today. I was looking for riddles for the kids at church.  They just love to try solving them. Of course it's the easier ones, because even I have trouble with any harder ones. To tell you the truth, the easy ones stump me most of the time.  But, anyway, the kids have asked me to get some more riddles for them, so if anyway you could e-mail me some it would be great, and I would give you all the credit.  Grin  I'd just tell them that Wu sent me.  hee hee. I don't have alot of patience on trying to solve them myself, but like to ask others and see who can. This is a great site, you do a good job.  Thanks.
IP Logged
Melissa Graboyes

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31st, 2002, 8:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So now you're "a" Wu, huh? Living it up in Berkeley still, hanging out, given up skateboarding--probably too many injuries for your type, eh?

Email me sometime if you'd like to chat. I wouldn't mind catching up with you. -Mel
IP Logged
william wu

« Reply #3 on: Nov 3rd, 2002, 6:11am »

Fan_Of_Jesus: Glad to hear that you're enjoying the site, and I appreciate the compliments. Regarding your difficulties with solving riddles or having enough patience, that's alright, I know it's not something everyone enjoys doing. To me it's almost like sadomasochism for the mind. We put our minds under unneccessary strain and punishment, but it's all for the orgasmic epiphany in the end, when the riddle is solved. Hmm I should use less sinful words Lips Sealed And yes, it's lots of fun to torture others with riddles ... sometimes handy at social gatherings. Regarding more riddles, you can just check out the site every so often, since I try to add some new ones each week. Did the church boys really solve all of the riddles so far? I find that unlikely. Many of the spatial puzzles in the medium and hard sections are also suitable for kids. For instance, the "cigarettes on a table" problem in the hard section. Well you can replace cigarettes with drinking straws.

Mel: Hey there, nice to hear from you. I never liked how our communication was terminated. Yeah, skateboarding was a little rough for me. I decided to quit after I ripped up an expensive pair of imported pants! And of course I was too cool to wear sissy-boy protective gear. Luckily not many students were around campus at that hour so it wasn't too embarrassing. Injuries aren't that uncommon among skateboarders though ... I heard Tony Hawk sometimes comes home with massive gashes across his back, but apparently he just deals with it. I'm too delicate. OK, we should catch up sometime ... catching up two years in one e-mail is a very daunting task though, and I probably won't have time to do that in the near future. But in the meantime, feel free to let me know what you've been up to. You'll have to forgive me, nowadays I'm a bit slow on replying to mammoth-scale e-mails like those from years past. Take comfort in the fact that I don't despise you in anyway, as people sometimes assume when they don't hear from friends for a long time  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2003, 3:45pm by william wu » IP Logged

Fan_of_Jesus

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 8:56pm »

I was glad to get your reply, was really glad to hear from Wu.  No the children at church haven't solved them all.  I have trouble finding where some of the answers are.  I get the ones in my e-mail, and they let me go to the site and get the answer to them that are there, but when I go to the site and look at the riddles myself, I don't know where to go to get the answers. HELP?  Undecided Embarassed . THANKS AGAIN. DEBBIE
IP Logged
M1A1

hi wu.......  
« Reply #5 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 1:50am »

hi wu..... it's nice 2 join ur forums.....
it's really high intelligent forums....  I suppose  Cool
btw, I like to read ur pschology article...... but y u never up date this pscychology subject?
hm..... that's all.....  Grin
it's nice 2 surf on ur home page.....
keep on the good work!

M1A1
IP Logged
william wu

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:45am »

Debbie: Sorry for the late reply ... I've been stressing through exams and other things. I'm not sure what you mean by getting riddle answers in your e-mail, because I'm not e-mailing anyone with riddle answers. Anyways, here's the deal:

The main riddles site, with all problems and no solutions, is here:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/riddles

I do not post official solutions, for reasons you can read about on the Frequently Asked Questions page at http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/riddles/faq.shtml. In my opinion, a ready access to answers tends to defeat the point of hacking a puzzle. However, you can surf the forum to peruse ongoing discussions about each the problems. Many of these argumentative discussions offer wrong answers, but most of them converge on a right answer, and it's often very interesting to see how this convergence carries out. To access the forum's main index, either click on the "FORUM" link at the top of the main riddles site, or click on the following link:

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/YaBB/yabb.cgi

Here you will see an index of forums categorized by riddle difficulty: easy medium hard etc. You now have two ways to find a specific riddle:

1) Click on the section that corresponds to the riddle you were looking for, and browse the title threads, or,

2) Click on the magnifying glass at the top of the screen, with the word "Search" right next to it.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2002, 12:48am by william wu » IP Logged

Inquiring mind

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25th, 2003, 8:50am »

Hello. I found your site on from a google search. I heard this riddle somewhere, and the answer is yet to be found. Do you know it? I am not very good with riddles, so I don't even know if this is easy or not, but here it is:
"What is blue, but not brown  
and brown, but not blue?"
If you know this riddle, please email me the answer because I am very curious to know. Thank you.
IP Logged
harvestar

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 10:12pm »

hi, i just joined the forum. thanks for all the riddles. i read one i wanted to try and answer, but even reading the faq, i couldnt tell Where for sure to post it, and i didnt wanna post it someplace its not supposed to be. im not much at math, but i thought of an answer for the eternal coin flip question. but i wont post what i thought about it, until i find out where to do it. i Love riddles, even the ones i can never figure out. even the ones that give me headaches, lol.

best regards,
 - Harve
IP Logged
Elizabeth Bly

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 14th, 2003, 9:48pm »

Yes I'm still a girl.  I can't believe such a quote not only lives on in someone's memory but that it's posted on the internet.

what a crazy world we live in

ebly

::Ad aster per aspera::
IP Logged
Ian Scott

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24th, 2003, 5:38pm »

Yea Gods!  I don't know whether to be insulted or relieved that I'm not in any of those quotes.  But then I was always the forgettable one out that lot.  Wu or any HHS or VJHS alumni that read this feel free to drop me a line, I'd almost forgotten about high school.
IP Logged
crystal theresa zapanta

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 12th, 2003, 2:43pm »

WILLLLLLLLLLLLIAM!!!!!!  Ack!  I've found you!!!  ...well, not found, exactly; more like "linked to your site via dan's site."  But, YAY!  I've missed ya dude!
IP Logged
DixieNurse

DixieNurse4U   DixieNurse4U

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15th, 2003, 12:05am »

Hey hey Wu!

Good to know you are so cool about this posting....and as for not posting the answers--I get it.  However, it would be nice if there were a "rogue" webpage for answers only--maybe without the riddles to go with them....huh?
Anyway--very, VERY cool site--I look forward to visiting often---and about staying too busy to correspond with old friends...you need to quit all that, hon.... Wink..life's too short--keep in touch...Dixie Cool
IP Logged
link talis

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 4:29pm »

Doggonit Wu! 2 complaints (now)

#1- put all the answers (threads, whatever) in order.  For instance, if the first easy puzzle is 'marbles', then when i click on the 'easy' thread, the first thread should be 'marbles'.  As it stands now, there are 37 pages that we have to sift through, and between that and dial up slowness, it's kind of frustrating

#2- why does this "post reply" thing kick you back if you don't put an email in? We don't want spam (not saying you would or anything).  And why does it completely erase your message?  Some of us post long letters, and when it says "field not complete" and we press back, we have to start all over?!  just venting
IP Logged
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #14 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 5:08pm »

on Jun 2nd, 2005, 4:29pm, link talis wrote:
#1- put all the answers (threads, whatever) in order.  For instance, if the first easy puzzle is 'marbles', then when i click on the 'easy' thread, the first thread should be 'marbles'.  As it stands now, there are 37 pages that we have to sift through, and between that and dial up slowness, it's kind of frustrating

The forum sorts threads by most recent posting, allowing regulars to see what's new without having to sift through 37 pages every time they visit. Yes, maybe new people would find it easier to find the existing threads if they were in some other order (or if they tried using the search function) but it's generally only a problem for a given person once, while finding new material is a problem every visit...
IP Logged
bosssssss3

« Reply #15 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 6:26am »

hey i'm bosssssss3 and i was wondering if u new how to become a member     Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Cool Roll Eyes Tongue Embarassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
IP Logged
bosssssss3

« Reply #16 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 6:28am »

[color=LimeGreen][/color] hi people do anyone want ta be frends Grin
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 22nd, 2007, 7:05am »

on Mar 22nd, 2007, 6:26am, bosssssss3 wrote:
hey i'm bosssssss3 and i was wondering if u new how to become a member
If you mean the title under your name, that depends solely on the number of posts (but please don't spam).

And not to be a stick in the mud, but it'd be nice if there are more words than smilies in a post Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Nick_DeGroot

« Reply #18 on: May 23rd, 2007, 6:53pm »

William, you are the master of the universe.  It has been apparent since your eighth grade winning science fair project on earth quake resistant structures.   I found your page Googling the VJHS Crew (we were a brilliant bunch) and was delighted to see our quotes.  That cracks me up about Bly!  I'm going to Berkeley this Fall for PACS.  I feel light years behind you but your success is inspiring.  

Grin
Nick
IP Logged
Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

« Reply #19 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 8:51am »

hello, its me again, a hate to say it , but i have been banned from the internet at my house hold. I am sorry for not terlling you sooner, but this is the second time i have acessed the internet in many month.
thank all of you, expecially Wu, i may be acessing the forum sometimes, but it will be a small time.
Hi! Cheesy
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #20 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 9:30am »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 8:51am, tiber13 wrote:
hello, its me again, a hate to say it , but i have been banned from the internet at my house hold.

Why? Have you been neglecting your homework?   Roll Eyes
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Sameer
Uberpuzzler

Pie = pi * e

« Reply #21 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 11:14am »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 8:51am, tiber13 wrote:
hello, its me again, a hate to say it , but i have been banned from the internet at my house hold. I am sorry for not terlling you sooner, but this is the second time i have acessed the internet in many month.
thank all of you, expecially Wu, i may be acessing the forum sometimes, but it will be a small time.
Hi! Cheesy

13 year old (?) and already making mischief.. tsk tsk..  Tongue
IP Logged

"Obvious" is the most dangerous word in mathematics.
--Bell, Eric Temple

Proof is an idol before which the mathematician tortures himself.
Sir Arthur Eddington, quoted in Bridges to Infinity
ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #22 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 11:25am »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 11:14am, Sameer wrote:

13 year old (?) and already making mischief.. tsk tsk..  Tongue

Nope, he is only eleven. OK, maybe eleven and a half.  
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Sameer
Uberpuzzler

Pie = pi * e

« Reply #23 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 1:22pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 11:25am, ThudanBlunder wrote:

Nope, he is only eleven. OK, maybe eleven and a half.  

Ah crap should have seen the profile..  Roll Eyes ... went by the call sign tiber"13" instead ...
IP Logged

--Bell, Eric Temple

Sameer
Uberpuzzler

Pie = pi * e

« Reply #24 on: Jun 15th, 2007, 8:50am »

on Jun 14th, 2007, 5:57pm, sadad wrote:
Hi guys!

I found from google! And I wish I will stay here for a long time! My name is Yaroslav. I'm from Ukraine!

Brevet Kak dela Yaroslav!!
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2007, 8:50am by Sameer » IP Logged

--Bell, Eric Temple

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »