wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Attraction continued »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 5:26pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: towr, william wu, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, SMQ, Eigenray, Icarus)
   Attraction continued
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Attraction continued  (Read 11713 times)
In0the0DARKMIND@ho

Email

Attraction continued  
« on: Dec 9th, 2004, 2:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi! Iam new around here in fact this is my first post. Cheesy From what i had read about the attractions topic,i find it to be quite interesting that people born with physical appearance close to the golden ratio are benefited in almost everyway. From personal experience i find that to be quite true, however, it depends more on the feedback you get from talking to the person.  
     So who here believes that personality and conversational skills gets more attention than just physical looks? It is often seen as people with the physical appearance whom can be nice or not can easily melt in with other social groups. This reminds me of David De Agelo's believes on cocky and funny that can build up alot more attraction between people and that is excluding the looks. Humor is considered to be a universal language for insulting people politely, which in return gets a secondary reinforcement, attention and laughter. Seeing the smiles on people's face makes the people look more friendly and easy going.  
     This brings me to the question of "What are the ways of getting any shy person to be attracted to you? (Btw, iam talking about introverts here)." Now remember we are not seeking for approval from that someone but are instead to build up this aura of attraction around ourselves.  

This is what i know so far from personal experience and what i had heard.

1. Do natural smiles whenever the person talks about their day or their opinion on certain matter.
2. Twist that and make it funny targeting the mockeries on the things that the person dislike or won't feel offended by.  
Eg. The person: If only i had done this this and that and more of that then i could have passed the test.
     You: Ya.... and if you had done this this and that then u could have got full marks ya?  

The person would cover her embarrassment with laughter.

3. Come up with crazy topics for the conversations that would surprise the person. (This is seriously hard to do)  
Chemistry ----> Chemistry man and his sidekick periodic table traveling around the globe to teach kids about 100 and one things u can do with formulas of finding out the MOEs.  

4. Sometimes give short compliments to build up the person's self-esteem because that person is an introvert and u want them to feel comfortable around you.  

5. Never be around the person to much or she will find you to be boring or just annoying because either you will run out of creative things to say or she just wants some space alone.  

If u have also got kool ideas please share them
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Attraction continued  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 3:08am »

Feed them iron and wear magnets? That should make them attracted to you Tongue

I suppose the first step is to find out what she/he is attracted to in the first place. With the inevitable risk you get stuck in 'the friend zone' (cue 'twilight zone' music).

If you're striving for a possible relationship, be careful not to seem out of reach, i.e. too attractive for lesser mortals.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Mr_Cheese

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25th, 2005, 3:31am »

Quote:
1. Do natural smiles whenever the person talks about their day or their opinion on certain matter.

Nodding your head will also encourage the person to carry on talking and to show you’re interested (whether you are or not). Eye contact is very important too.

Quote:
2. Twist that and make it funny targeting the mockeries on the things that the person dislike or won't feel offended by.  

Yeah making fun of a person in a light-hearted way will  enable a level of flirting to occur. Just don’t overstep the mark until you have a healthy relationship or the person will take it to heart.

Quote:
3. Come up with crazy topics for the conversations that would surprise the person.

I don't know where you heard that? Show genuine interested in the conversation they will start to like you more, the more they talk to you the more they will like you. The reason for this is because people are always more interested in their selves than any other person.
This can be achieved by asking open-ended questions

(Start) Close ended:
Do you like your new car?
Followed by an open ended:
Why do you like your car?

Quote:
4. Sometimes give short compliments to build up the person's self-esteem because that person is an introvert and u want them to feel comfortable around you

Remember if you are going to make a complement always reinforce it with the reason why. e.g. "(Complement) I like your dress - (Reason) It goes with your outfit", it will make you sound far more sincere and so have a greater effect.

Quote:
5. Never be around the person to much or she will find you to be boring or just annoying because either you will run out of creative things to say or she just wants some space alone.

Wrong. It may appear to be true but the fact is that the more your around someone, which you get on with, the closer your friendship will be and the greater possibility of it leading to something else. Many sexual relationships will come from a friendship stage and developing into a mutual attraction.

Few other facts to help you answer your question.

- After the first 10 seconds of contact with a person, you look past their looks and see them for the person inside.
- A shy person is shy because of the situation they are in, not because they don’t have anything to say. If you approach a shy person or anyone for a matter you shouldn’t dismiss there opinion or put the in a negative light (as this will not encourage them to open up to you). Listening to their opinions and acceptance a person’s opinion is always the key in unlocking a relationship.
Eg.  
(WRONG WAY)
Friend1: I was late to work again
Friend2: You should of got earlier then (Your opinion / Negative comment)

(FAR BETTER)
Friend1: I was late to work again
Friend2: Why do you have trouble getting into work? (Open ended / Ask for there opinion)
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2005, 3:34am by Mr_Cheese » IP Logged
Jesse

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12th, 2005, 12:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sounds alot like "How to win friends and influence people" a very decent book even for the most ignorant. Roll Eyes
IP Logged
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #4 on: May 25th, 2010, 5:02am »

Quote:
From what i had read about the attractions topic,i find it to be quite interesting that people born with physical appearance close to the golden ratio are benefited in almost everyway.

Is there any evidence for this?  

Quote:
Now remember we are not seeking for approval from that someone but are instead to build up this aura of attraction around ourselves.

Instead? Can you have the second without the first?

Given you have been lurking for 6 years, I can quite understand your interest in this topic. LOL

Are you a Thai based in Taiwan, btw?

on Dec 9th, 2004, 3:08am, towr wrote:
Feed them iron and wear magnets? That should make them attracted to you Tongue.

I saw a guy the other day whose appearance reminded me of Xerxes the Grate in the film 300.  
I had an urge to warn him about the magnet factory down the road. But alas I was too late. LOL

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2010, 6:56am by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »