wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Don't like being around family »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 19th, 2024, 12:39am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: towr, ThudnBlunder, SMQ, Eigenray, william wu, Grimbal, Icarus)
   Don't like being around family
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Don't like being around family  (Read 9330 times)
Michael

Email

Don't like being around family  
« on: Nov 28th, 2005, 11:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Greetings,

I feel like something is wrong with me.  I don't enjoy hanging out with family members.  

I am a 31 year old male.  I recently was laid off from my job and moved back in with my parents to save money.  My sister has moved in with her husband and two children while their new house is being built.  I cannot stand her children.  One is 3 years old and the other is 1 year old.  The children are always crying and being loud. I can't get a normal nights sleep and it has made me have a feelings of resentment towards everyone in house.  The children cry about everything.  I understand that children cry and that children will be children.  I can't stand to be there but it is my only option right now.  

I have a twin brother who seems to get along fine with the rest of my family.  The children love to hang out with him.  I do not feel like my feelings are normal.  I feel like I should like to spend time with my family.  Maybe not spend time with them all the time but, some of the time.  

If anyone has any suggestions on how I could improve my feelings or attitude towards my family, please let me know.  

Thank you,
Michael

IP Logged
Michael Dagg
Senior Riddler

Re: Don't like being around family  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28th, 2005, 1:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Michael,

I can only speak for myself but I think most people will agree that what you have described is normal for us humans - meaning that there is likely nothing wrong with you.

You might consider switch up your schedule so that you are not at the house as much. Find something social to do that will allow you to meet new people and network with them and at the same time maintain a budget for these activities. If you do not have a budget to work with make use of the free things that are around, such as libraries, church groups, and activities sponsored by your local city and state governments.

And, finally, there are alternatives to housing besides living with parents - you have to explore it to find it.

Good luck!
IP Logged

Regards,
Michael Dagg
AkumAPRIME

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 9:28am »

Sounds pretty normal to me man. Also, keep in mind that being laid off can trigger a small bout of depression. Irritability is a symptom of depression. Do your best to get  another job and move back out of the house. Maslow demands you satisfy your manly need of independence!
IP Logged
texasrain0606

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2005, 10:40pm »

Hey,  

I know exactly how you feel. I'm 18 years old and I have hidden out in my room from my family since I was about 12 yrs old, thank GOD i moved out and moved 2 thousand miles away...

but no worries,
you're fine. sometimes i think i have issues too, but i realize we all have issues with our families and that is the way it always will be.  

no worries.  

mandy
IP Logged
bill_p

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 8:05am »

Bummer.  

Living with family can be tense at best.
IP Logged
movie4fun

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18th, 2014, 6:57pm »

I feel lost when I am alone but when I am with family I dont feel talking to them much now. I cant explain really how it works.
IP Logged
anglia

« Reply #6 on: Jul 24th, 2015, 1:39am »

You are what you think so be positive about life and everything will be alright.
IP Logged

ebooks
gitanas

« Reply #7 on: Jan 28th, 2016, 7:20am »

When you are 31 it's time to think about your own new family and new house
IP Logged

Dummy Frog - my blog about interesting and funny things in our World
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »