wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Mood Rings »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:29pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: SMQ, Icarus, Eigenray, Grimbal, ThudnBlunder, towr, william wu)
   Mood Rings
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mood Rings  (Read 12469 times)
Hannah Elis

Email

Mood Rings  
« on: Jan 1st, 2006, 5:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, I have read a few things and now I am even more confused about Mood rings. All I came to this website for is to learn about mood ring colors and what they mean! I have not learned a single thing either. I am from America ( North) and I don't really care if my spelling is bad so if I misspell something forget it.   Angry I am pleaqding to anyone who knows what mood ring colors mean to tell me. I have a mood ring on right now and it is kind of a mix between blue and green. Oh, and what ios the color for feeling in love? Kiss
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Re: Mood Rings  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 10:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 1st, 2006, 5:13pm, Hannah Elis wrote:
I don't really care if my spelling is bad so if I misspell something forget it.   Angry

Accidental spelling errors are a common problem, and easily ignored. However, deliberate inattention to spelling is nothing more than rudeness towards your audience - showing that you do not care to make an effort to communicate clearly with them or ease their burden in figuring out what you are trying to say. And if you are being rude to me, why, pray tell, would I wish to talk to you? Angry

However, since you have put some effort into spelling things correctly, I will overlook your announcement of rude intent, and tell you what I know.

The "Mood" in mood rings is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Your emotions have little effect on the stone's color. That is the reason the Mood ring fad was short-lived when they were introduced in the 1970s. The stone's color is dependent only upon its temperature. Because the ring is in close contact with your finger, its temperature mostly reflects the temperature of your finger - though it is also dependent on the room temperature.

Your finger's temperature is itself dependent on the room temperature, your state of health, and the amount of circulation going to your finger (blood circulation is your body's principle method of keeping your extremities warm). It is the circulation that provides any linking at all to mood. Certain "moods" - specifically anger and lust - cause physiological changes in your body that produce a lot of heat. Your blood vessels dilate to spread this heat from your core to the skin, in order to regulate your body temperature. This causes your finger to become warmer, and the stone's color to change. However, the same change in the stone occurs when you are hot because you have been exercising, or because you have been in a hot place.

As I recall (my sister had one 30 years ago), the stones were black when cold, blue-green at normal temperatures, and reddish when warm, so your blue-green stone merely means that your hand is not particularly hot or particularly cold.

There is no color associated with love. The ring will be red if worn in the throes of passion, but this does not necessarily mean you are in love. And you can be in love and still have cold hands, so the stone is not a good indicator of love.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2006, 10:54pm by Icarus » IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »