wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Psych student needs help finding a good book »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:44am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: Grimbal, ThudnBlunder, Eigenray, towr, william wu, SMQ, Icarus)
   Psych student needs help finding a good book
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Psych student needs help finding a good book  (Read 4150 times)
eindoofus

Psych student needs help finding a good book  
« on: Aug 28th, 2006, 5:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am planning on going into psychology and hope to someday open my own practice as a clinical psychologist. I believe that I have a very good understanding of peoples personalities and their behaviors but I fail in the area of critical thinking. I lack the ability to disect peoples problems and find the root of the cause, and even if I did find it I probably wouldn't know what to do with the knowledge.

So far most of the books I read are just self-help books and are focused on helping the reader. I need something that aids me in helping others rather than just myself and teaches me the process of going about it. What books would you recommend to a beginning psych student who is interested in doing talk therapy? What are some other must read books for the field of psychology?

Thanks.
IP Logged
care

Re: Psych student needs help finding a good book  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 1:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, yes. there is web site called www.factsheetsplus.com or handoutsplus.com (it’s one of those two). You can sign up for free fact sheets they distribute during the year. I think they send out half dozen or so. They are all editable. Look at the www.handoutsplus.com section. You can edit them in MS Publisher, MS Word, and they give you the PDF, I am pretty sure.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »