wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - info on schizophrenic types needed »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:29pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: william wu, Grimbal, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Eigenray, Icarus, towr)
   info on schizophrenic types needed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: info on schizophrenic types needed  (Read 6659 times)
nathanielfirst

Email

info on schizophrenic types needed  
« on: Nov 16th, 2008, 12:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am attempting to locate sources, online or otherwise, that will give me information on the response rate of schizophrenics to antipsychotic medications by subtype. paranoid vs. catatonic, etc.,
i.e. do paranoids recover at a higher rate than catatonics on particular medications.
does anyone have any ideas?
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

Re: info on schizophrenic types needed  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2008, 8:30pm »

If it isn't on pubmed, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

And if it's not from there, then I'd be dubious of it validity- not that just being there is a gaurantee either.

Not certain of exactly what you're after, but this looks plausibly helpful.  
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18838631?ordinalpos=8&itool=Entre zSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

This search string "schizophrenia recovery subtype" gave a fairly intersting sounding abstract.

Unfortuantely, this sit only provides references- actually tracking the papers down is a bit harder. I recommend either your local library or 3ry education institution.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2008, 8:35pm by Noke Lieu » IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
Azgard
Senior Riddler

Just gonna drive around the planet, check it out.

Re: info on schizophrenic types needed  
« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2009, 1:25pm »

A good database to try is PsychINFO, but again, if the school you go to does not have a subscription to the journal, actually getting the artical in its' entirety may be tough.

If you find a potential artical, try typing the title of it into google surrounded by quotes, you might get lucky.

Smiley
IP Logged

Lots of opportunities are missed because they come dressed in overalls and look like work.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »