wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Naturopathy and Psychology? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:43am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: william wu, SMQ, Grimbal, Icarus, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, towr)
   Naturopathy and Psychology?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Naturopathy and Psychology?  (Read 10052 times)
DrBarryWheeler

Naturopathy and Psychology?  
« on: Aug 21st, 2012, 1:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Psychology and Naturopathy are closely related. I feel that if there are chemical imbalances in the body that this can lead to psychological problems. However I am having trouble finding any resources...I visited a clinic in the Seattle area which is and got a good explanation but I am looking for some info on google...preferably educational resources....
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Naturopathy and Psychology?  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2012, 11:47pm »

On the one hand it's very easy to dismissive, and say yes, psychology and naturopathy are certainly linked because you'd have to be mad to believe in it. Tongue  
But skepticism about pseudoscience apart, you might have more luck looking for more specific kinds of information, like ones linking diet to violence for example, or linking diet and ADHD. There is some genuine research in those areas, though I don't think any of them are conclusive yet.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
donaldccargo

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2013, 11:02pm »

Naturopathy and Psychology are closely related. Naturopathy uses medicines in its natural form. It uses various minerals, herbs, vitamins that can be taken in or directly applied to body. Many problems in our body occur due to the lack of minerals and vitamins, so naturopathic medicines try to solve this problem by application of traditional, natural forms of medicines. Lack of different minerals and vitamins can lead to psychological imbalances such as depression, anxiety. Recently my father got treated for anxiety from a physiotherapy and rehabilitation center in Markham and we got good results trying out naturopathic medicines.
IP Logged
Nursejim

The 1 Inch Punch

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2013, 9:41pm »

I can speak to this a little. In my studies I have found that people who are having deficiencies in essential vitamins and minerals and are having psychological difficulty will sometimes innately seek out foods rich in the deficient element despite having no knowledge of what the food/herb contains. This amazing to me. Naturopathy is a really cool topic to me.
IP Logged

Advanced Sales Funnel System
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »