wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Learning how to read body langauge can really help »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 19th, 2024, 3:07am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   psychology
(Moderators: Icarus, ThudnBlunder, william wu, SMQ, Grimbal, Eigenray, towr)
   Learning how to read body langauge can really help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Learning how to read body langauge can really help  (Read 7268 times)
sanhas

http://www.khalatat.com  

Learning how to read body langauge can really help  
« on: Sep 11th, 2012, 4:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,  

As some of you may already know that non verbal signs, also called body language signs constitute nearly 90% of our communications.  
So learning it may be a good idea to improve your career, but if you learned how to detect lies (which is very easy by reading gestures) and real feeling of your loved ones (basically couples) do you really think that would be good for the relationship ?
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Learning how to read body langauge can really  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11th, 2012, 11:21am »

I don't believe it's true that body language makes up 90% of communication. Actually, the first thing I would want to know is how you even define communication and measure this, to even start substantiating such a claim.
Likewise I don't believe it's easy to detect lies by reading gestures; as far as I know the research in this area hasn't actually turned up much that has held up under scrutiny.
Lastly, whether it would be a good thing to know when your loved ones lie and how they really feel, depends on how well you cope with disappointment and the general hypocrisy of Man (the species, not the gender). I think many relationships might not survive brutal honesty.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
benmartorano

« Reply #2 on: Oct 5th, 2012, 2:45pm »

There was a great special on body language. I think on Discovery Channel. It is more about learning to pick up on clues that we already know on some level... but tend to over think.

If that make sense
IP Logged
wisdom782

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 16th, 2012, 8:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In the realm of body language, you are equipped with at least five powerful tools to communicate your message:
1.Eye communication
2.Facial expressions
3.Gestures
4.Posture
5.Body movement

Follow These Guidelines for Confident Body Posture
To evaluate your posture, stand with your back against a wall. Align your spine with the wall, making sure both shoulder blades touch the wall. Then, step away. Relax your shoulders while holding them back—nice and straight. If this feels uncomfortable, chances are your posture is not as good as it could be. If this wall test indicates you have droopy shoulders, try the following:
• Pull in your stomach. This automatically helps align your spine. Wear a lightweight back brace or elastic support garment underneath your clothing to help adjust your posture. When you sit in a chair, train yourself to hold your shoulder blades against the back of the chair with your upper body tall and straight. Also, ask a family member or coworker to give you a friendly reminder each time she sees you slumping or slouching. With daily effort, those droopy shoulders will transform into good posture in no time.
• Balance your weight evenly. As a persuasive presenter, you want to impart the message of strength and stability. Since your body is your most influential visual aid, it is imperative that you use it wisely and effectively. When standing, balance your weight evenly on both feet, placing them about eight to twelve inches apart. Imagine a twelve-inch ruler on the floor between your feet. Keep your knees straight but not locked. This picture gives your audience a vision of symmetry and steadiness. In addition, lean ever so slightly forward and situate most of your weight forward on the balls of your feet as if you are going to bounce up and down. This is known as the “ready position.” It conveys energy and involvement. Refrain from swaying back and forth, leaning backward on your heels, or situating your weight asymmetrically on one hip. Think balance.
• Keep your head and chin up. To persuade listeners in the most effective way, your face and eyes must be visible. A technique to keep your face fully exposed to your audience is to keep your chin level with the floor. This simple rule of thumb allows your listeners to experience your most expressive persuasive asset—your face. Behaviors to avoid include tilting your head down, staring at the floor, burying your face in your notes, looking at your audience over the rim of your glasses, or keeping your head turned toward the screen. Avoid turning your head away from your listeners unless it is to briefly refer to a visual. Caution: Do not lift your head so high that you look over the heads of your listeners. Remember the importance of maintaining eye-to-eye communication.
IP Logged
erica

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2014, 10:24pm »

Actually these days people have become so smart that they have now become good psychologist... A smart thief can pass a lie detection tests since he is aware about its (machines) limitations.  Smiley

Yes, one needs to be equipped with the understanding of basic human psychology which can help him at an extra edge.
IP Logged

I am passionate about translation
jackrose

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2014, 4:44am »

Well played. And if that should be true you shouldn't be able to understand this because I can only provide words, which is only 6% of communication. ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2014, 4:49am by jackrose » IP Logged
goprel

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10th, 2014, 10:51am »

One of my friends is interested in body language. For me it looks funny. For example he knows how to put his hands and legs to show other people that he is self confident. But somehow he does not look for me very self confident.

I think it is better to become self confident. But not to act as you are confident.
IP Logged
movie4fun

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18th, 2014, 7:03pm »

body language is easy to learn but I tried to learn lip reading once and I think if you can manage that it can come to more use for you than body language.
IP Logged
anglia

« Reply #8 on: Jul 24th, 2015, 1:35am »

I  try it but failed to remember when i need to observe other  body language.
IP Logged

ebooks
gitanas

« Reply #9 on: Jan 27th, 2016, 12:10am »

I see many courses of body language. I think some people just make money.
It's better to work on self improvement and your body language will naturally become good
IP Logged

Dummy Frog - my blog about interesting and funny things in our World
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »