wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - interview questions part 3 »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 6:28am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   cs
(Moderators: SMQ, towr, Eigenray, Grimbal, Icarus, ThudnBlunder, william wu)
   interview questions part 3
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: interview questions part 3  (Read 1182 times)
puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

Men have become the tools of their tools

interview questions part 3  
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 2:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK folks - you seem to slumber off... here is the drill:

1. Using C language allocation constructs, allocate 2 dim array, 3 dim array, then generalize for N dim.  

2.  As well all know, 'statically' C allocates variables on a stack and dynmucally on the heap, write a function that determines whether stack is 'growing in' or 'growing out'.

3. Give a rudimentary pseudo-code for http-like webserver. How would you write one?

IP Logged

While we are postponing, life speeds by
John_Gaughan
Uberpuzzler

Behold, the power of cheese!

5187759 5187759   john23874   SnowmanJTG
WWW Email

Re: interview questions part 3  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Question 1 is more tedious than challenging, I'll leave that to someone else who doesn't mind the typing Wink

I am not sure what you mean about question 2. Stacks typically start at a memory location and grow down. I also do not see what this has to do with the difference between static/dynamic and stack/heap allocation.

With question 3, what kind of libraries do I have? For example, C has rudimentary libraries for handling network code (actually not part of the C library but Unix has those headers), while Java has a feature-rich library that makes this easy -- I know, because I wrote a simple Java web server because I was bored.
IP Logged

x = (0x2B | ~0x2B)
x == the_question
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »