wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - KNIGHT Vs DRAGON »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:35am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, william wu, Grimbal, Eigenray, SMQ, Icarus, towr)
   KNIGHT Vs DRAGON
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: KNIGHT Vs DRAGON  (Read 3954 times)
shiv

Email

KNIGHT Vs DRAGON  
« on: Sep 19th, 2002, 9:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Grin

the knight did not die. the dragon did.

if the knight had given the dragon any water from wells 1 to 6 then the dragon would have drank from well 7 and lived.
so clearly the knight gave dragon something other than water from wells 1 to 6.  
this can be some other water, like coconut water.

the dragon gives the knight well 6 water thinking the knight cant drink from well 7.

i thought  the knight can already have water from well 1 so that anything the dragon gives will mix in his stomach and  
make him live...

kind of like eating poison and then taking antidote or taking antidote and eating poison.
both are the same?
IP Logged
john

Email

Re: KNIGHT Vs DRAGON  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 6:26am »

Umm... the 'coconut water' is not poisoned - why would it kill the dragon? The dragon would still be alive... they both would both be alive (the knight drinks well 1 water before duel)...
IP Logged
john

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 6:31am »

I guess you're just assuming the dragon will go an drink from well 7 after...
IP Logged
Chronos

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2002, 6:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

...And the reason we assume that the dragon drank Well 7 water is that we know the dragon died.  So the knight was obviously cleverer than the dragon, and the dragon did something wrong.  The riddle then just becomes a matter of figuring out what mistake the dragon was most likely to make.
IP Logged
Tim_MI_Tech

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 5:35pm »

If the Knight can't reach well 7, the highest numbered well he could give the dragon would be 6. then the Dragon could go and drink from well 7. How could the dragon die?
IP Logged
Gudelan

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18th, 2002, 9:42pm »

Ok heres a shot at the answer:
 Knight obviously was drinking water from wells 1-6  then the dragon gave him water from well 7 which would not result in his death.  
However at some point in time the dragon had previously drank from well 7, this means that any water from weells 1-6 would cause his death.  
IP Logged
EchoX

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 19th, 2002, 7:42pm »

The Dragon died because the knight brought regular water.  Once the dragon drank the regular water, he was still fine.  But he thought he drank poison.  So he goes over to well 7 and drinks from that.  NOW he is poisoned, and he can't save himself.
IP Logged
Cyrus

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 1:13pm »

I agree that the knight must have brought the dragon normal water (ocean water since they're on an island maybe). The dragon would assume that the knight was bringing him water from the 6th well (the most poisonous of the 6 the human could draw from) so the dragon goes and drinks from well seven and then poisons himself.

However, I haven't figured out how the knight could have survived, all the dragon would have needed to do is bring the knight water from the 7th well and it would have been impossible for him to cure the poison since there is no wells higher than 7.

Maybe I need to re-read the problem.
IP Logged
Tim_MI_Tech

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 4:00pm »

Hey cyrus, I think the previous answer was right in that the knight drank from well 1 before the duel, so when the dragon gave him the glass, it would be from a higher numebered well and he would be saved.
IP Logged
Cyrus

20405085 20405085    

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20th, 2002, 4:53pm »

Oh . . . why the heck didn't I think of that??

I'm an idiot, that's why.

WOO I GOT ONE.
IP Logged
Gerd

:-[Re: KNIGHT Vs DRAGON  
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 5:53am »

I think that the knight is a bit smarter than the dragon! Cheesy

The dragon brings water from well #7, thinking the highest number for the knight is 6 to cure himself.
The knight brings water from well #5 & #6 (=poisoning and curing immediately after drinking).
Before the duel the knight takes a good portion of water from well #1.
They change their water and drink. The dragon now drinks water from well #7 thinking he is curing himself... and dies.
And the knight drinks the dragon's water as an antidote for the water from #1 he drunk earlier. Smiley

Greetings from Germany
Gerd

P.S. I'm sorry, but English is not my native language.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »