wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - The camel that finishes last ... »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:21am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: william wu, Grimbal, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, towr, SMQ, Icarus)
   The camel that finishes last ...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The camel that finishes last ...  (Read 2425 times)
Jennifer Carlito

Email

The camel that finishes last ...  
« on: Nov 29th, 2002, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Was this one too easy for anyone else to comment on? Doesn't say much for me!

The old man told the camel riders to switch camels and ride like hell. That was, if you're riding my camel and I win, my camel (you're riding it - remember?) comes in last.
IP Logged
Omni

Email

Re: The camel that finishes last ...  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:47am »

Your answer seems right Jen.  I didn't read the question carefully enough to realize it was the camels who determined the loser.  I came to the conclusion that the wise man said their father's fortune was not his wealth, but his expected death, thereby giving the money to the living son.
IP Logged
Bryan B

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 2:04pm »

oo ok, i was thinking more along the lines of - Since the person who "looses" wins the prize, then its the winner who is really loosing, and there he gets the prize... but that could just go back and forth forever. Yours is much better
IP Logged
St1ckBuG

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 8:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Think about it: the man is OLD, and what the two men are trying to do takes a really long time.  And by the time they've reached the wise-man, it's already been days.

My answer:
hidden:
The wise man said:  "If you've been wandering around in the desert for this long, he's probably already dead.

<3
IP Logged
CaptainEvers

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10th, 2006, 10:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I thought of another possible solution.. What if the 2 camels are identical, to where the father couldn't tell whose camel was whose.. The boys could then ride back to the finish line, hop on 1 of the camels, send the other one over the line, and both ride in on the losing camel.. That way the camel that crosses last would be both their camel.. A good lesson to teach his kids before he dies; stick together and always be there for each other..
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »