wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Different Version of Feet/Spelling Riddle »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:10pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   easy
(Moderators: Eigenray, Grimbal, towr, Icarus, william wu, ThudnBlunder, SMQ)
   Different Version of Feet/Spelling Riddle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Different Version of Feet/Spelling Riddle  (Read 1681 times)
The_Godfather

Email

Different Version of Feet/Spelling Riddle  
« on: Mar 30th, 2005, 6:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Other than age, why would someone assume that if you have large hands, you can spell well?

Don't get mad if you the riddle you post is dejected; there are many answers, but one is preferred and I will tell you when you're wrong so people still keep guessing (just in case they thought yours was correct.) Grin

THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK THINK
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2005, 6:45pm by The_Godfather » IP Logged
TheGodfather234

Email

Re: Different Version of Feet/Spelling Riddle  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 6:51pm »

Because your hands would be swollen from writing so much??
IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 6:53pm »

Wow, immitator Godfather.  I thought YOU would for sure get this one!!  

INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT INCORRECT
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

pen... paper... let's go! (and bit of plastic)

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2005, 8:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Because monkeys have little hands, and they aren't very good at spelling.  I mean they hit keyboards of typewriters, but you need quite a few of them to be any good.

Children have bigger hands than monkeys. They spell better too.

Yet it's folly to try and do a pan-species study of spelling ability related to hand size.

Bananas have the biggest hands of all, and they can't even type!

I'd imagine that if you had big hands, you'd be able to spell "well". and around here, "billabong". Possibly even "shaduf"  or "gerontophilia".

However, I wouldn't expect someone from the depths of Ningxia Province of China to be able to spell them. Not in English, anyway.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2005, 8:22pm by Noke Lieu » IP Logged

a shade of wit and the art of farce.
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 8:37am »

Well, at least someone tried.  Trying is the first step toward failure, and that's just where it lead you, Noke Lieu!
IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 8:39am »

Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan Groan

In a few days, I'm going to begin posting obvious hints, because almost no one has replied despite how many people have viewed.  No more than one or two tries.  Shameful.

Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint: Hint:

It has to do with science, yet science is contradicted by the answer which is deprived from science
IP Logged
Don Corleone

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 9:27am »

Is it because you are sexist?
IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 2:18pm »

No, I am not sexist; good try!  The answer comes from one part of science, but science also proves it has nothing to do with the topic.  In a few days, I guess I'll post the answer Undecided
IP Logged
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 2:22pm »

Maybe it has to do with
better food = larger body and bigger brain (or better education)
IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 2:30pm »

Grimbal, you pretty much got it.  I'll just say the correct answer so there's no confusion.

When you put your fists together, that forms the size of your brain.  That's the science part.

However, science also states that the size of your brain doesn't affect your intellegence.  Thats the "contradicting" part.

I guess I should've put this in the medium or hard forum Undecided
IP Logged
TheGodfather234

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 4:46pm »

Code:
Yeah its the dendrites that make the difference not the size...
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2005, 4:47pm by TheGodfather234 » IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #11 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 5:30pm »

noooo, you should have put it in the "What am I" .

I would hazard a guess that folk aren't posting because... well there's such a different feel about these "riddles".  

Not in a daunting way. The number of times that it gets read soen't directly compare with the number of folk giving it a shot. And the number of replies... Who'd of thought that it was you and your side kick talking amongst youselves.  

Having said that, I do like your riddles... they're just in the wrong place.
IP Logged

The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 5:47pm »

1.  Who are you to care where my riddles are and who posts on them?

2.  Perhaps you like my riddles, but do you like me?  I have seen many of your posts, yet you seem to rather finding my faults than anyone else's.

3.  It doesn't matter who posts, whether it be TheGodfather234 or not, I am most likely going to reply if I feel I should.  Also, if you go to almost any of the other riddle posts, there are conversations going on everywhere.

4.  I think you need to stop bothering me and start posting RIDDLES and thoughts about other RIDDLES.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2005, 5:51pm by The_Godfather » IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 5:50pm »

Just want to let you know, Noke Lieu, that you're picking a fight with a 13 year old and almost winning.....  I'll bet you're proud.
IP Logged
Noke Lieu
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #14 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 6:29pm »

I pick fights with kids everyday. Intellectually, though. It's my job.

It's not  a directed persecution against you two.

WE are a community here. Communities have rules and guidelines.  The fact that you're 13 is a) irrelevant and b) obvious.
 (actually to be fair I did think you were more like 15, you're quite lucid with your language)

By posting here, you are agreeing to abide to these guide lines.  

You two are definately smart cookies, but just a little WILD with that power at the moment. As such, relatively old gits like BNC and I want to help you train that potential into a sharp refined tool.

As for "do I like you?"....I don't know. I haven't met you. I don't much care for your manner on the forum at the moment, but consider you a valuable (if not slightly rough around the edges) member of the community, and eager await your refinement.

And tiger, I have made more riddle than you. Constructed them from scratch. Give them a shot. Many are solved, many aren't.

Any road, gotta get back to work.
IP Logged

TheGodfather234

Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 8:03pm »

Three things I need to say to you Noke Lieu:
A)  Just because we are 12 and 13 does not mean we have to use little baby words so the fact that you thought we were like 15 is as you said about our truthful age irrelivent.  
B)  We do not need to post in the "What am I",  "what happened", or any other sections.  We will post it where we feel nescessary.  
C)  Our manner in the forum is how we are in real life.  We don't put on a little act to be the best, we act this way always.  It is how you have to act to survive in Middle School nowadays.  I know it probably isn't how it used to be in the old'n days when you were in 7th grade but times have changed.  If you don't like how we act simply don't come to our forums and post obvious concrete answers.
IP Logged
towr
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #16 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 2:12am »

on Mar 31st, 2005, 8:03pm, TheGodfather234 wrote:
B)  We do not need to post in the "What am I",  "what happened", or any other sections.  We will post it where we feel nescessary.
Just for that I ought to move this thread.
You are posting on Williams forum. It is common courtesy to abide by his rules, and not show blatant disregard. Posting here is NOT a right. It is a privilage he allows you because he's a softy.

Quote:
C)  Our manner in the forum is how we are in real life.
Then you're pricks. You need a good spanking and learn some manners. Prefereably before real life bites you in the ass.

Quote:
If you don't like how we act simply don't come to our forums
We're not in your forums. You're posting threads on our forums (in so much it has become ours besides Williams.)
Go get your own website and own forum.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't tolerate it if we came around your house and started to behave in total disregard of you.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2005, 2:34am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

« Reply #17 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 4:11am »

on Mar 31st, 2005, 8:03pm, TheGodfather234 wrote:

Hiya Godfather. Just to echo what towr said, it's imperative that you at least please post your problems in the appropriate sections. By doing so, you can help other puzzlers find the problems they're looking for more easily. Also, it eases the burden on the moderators and myself, whom have invested so much time maintaining this forum, simply as volunteers. It's not much to ask for!  

Please show more respect to other members of our community, and our conventions, which are in place for the common good.
IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 6:43am »

on Apr 1st, 2005, 2:12am, towr wrote:

Then you're pricks. You need a good spanking and learn some manners. Prefereably before real life bites you in the ass.

Please, don't turn this against us.  If TheGodfather234 says something, that doesn't mean it applies to me.  I try to be nice, but when someone says something about me, I defend myself.  That's how intellectual debates are started.  
Whatever you say, please say it about the one who actuallly did what you're objecting.  I think you will agree with me when I say that I don't want to be blamed.  Perhaps it was a mistake to invite my friend TheGodfather234 to this site in the first place.....  Sad
IP Logged
TheGodfather234

Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 6:46am »

We're not in your forums. You're posting threads on our forums (in so much it has become ours besides Williams.)

First of all, who said it already hasn'tHuh  I've had a tough life so far, hardly anything has worked out the way I wanted it to, so you need to think before you speak.  

Secondly, I  appologize for not using the correct word.  You know, I guess some of us  aren't just as perfect as you are.  You know I mean, I am just an ignorant little kid. Undecided

And in regaurds to what you said Mr. Wu,  I will try to be more careful and rule abiding from now on.  I do not mean to offend anyone unless I say so in my posts.
IP Logged
The_Godfather

Email

« Reply #20 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 6:46am »

on Apr 1st, 2005, 6:43am, The_Godfather wrote:
Whatever you say, please say it about the one who actuallly did what you're objecting.(

When addressing one of us, please do not use the term Godfather.  Not to be rude, but that is confusing.  When it's me, I'm The Godfather.  When it's him, he's TheGodfather234.  I think that we are getting blamed together for things one of us actually did. Angry
IP Logged
Barukh
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #21 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 9:44am »

Just for that I ought to move this thread.

When?

Quote:
You are posting on Williams forum. It is common courtesy to abide by his rules, and not show blatant disregard. Posting here is NOT a right. It is a privilage he allows you because he's a softy.

Could not say better! Applause!
IP Logged
towr
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #22 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 1:16pm »

on Apr 1st, 2005, 9:44am, Barukh wrote:
When?
Well, I considered it is more lateral thinking than 'what happened'. And I wouldn't want to do it just for the sake of it, or because I was miffed.
(Moderating when miffed can cause bad judgement)
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2005, 1:17pm by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #23 on: Apr 1st, 2005, 5:31pm »

Okay, first of all, I would like to say that despite everything, both of you, Grant and Evan, are welcome here (as far as I can say - it is after all William's site, not mine - but I think his post indicates the same thing). You've made some mistakes, but that is common to all of us. If you keep reading, you will find posts in which I was intentionally insulting, and others where I let my ego go unchecked. These posts I now regret. (well, most of them - there were a couple where the person in question definitely deserved being insulted! Tongue)

And your riddles, even if they repeat other threads, are a positive contribution to the site. I have thought before that it might help to have older riddles re-introduced without the baggage of the previous threads so that newbies can figure them out too. This is part of why I seldom answer Easy riddles. (Obviously I still want some limits on this - I'd hate to have the 3 hats/dots/whatever riddle start appearing with the same regularity that the GRY and "Greater than God" riddles already do!)

But, be respectful - if you respect others, they will respect you. It may not work as well as it should in your Middle school (that part has not changed from when I was your age, I promise you), but you will find that it works better than anything else in the long run. And it certainly works well with the mature!
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #24 on: Apr 3rd, 2005, 8:14pm »

Icarus..well said, as usual.
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »