wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Puzzle Donkey »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 9:46am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: towr, SMQ, Icarus, william wu, ThudnBlunder, Eigenray, Grimbal)
   Puzzle Donkey
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Puzzle Donkey  (Read 3476 times)
Jamie

Puzzle Donkey  
« on: Aug 22nd, 2003, 6:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There's a riddle site that some people here might find interesting (I'm not affiliated with it, just a happy user). It's http://www.puzzledonkey.org and has some fiendishly difficult (and clever) puzzles. Some of them are UK-oriented, so might prove rather tricky for a wider audience, but don't let that put you off. There was even a cash prize for the first to complete all 100 puzzles, but unfortunately it's been won now  Angry
IP Logged
mistysakura

Re: Puzzle Donkey  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23rd, 2003, 1:18am »

Interesting, I'm stuck on the 2nd puzzle... but I was never good at what-am-I's.
IP Logged
Sir Col
Uberpuzzler

impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23rd, 2003, 4:18am »

The puzzles certainly are tricky. It took me ages to get the 1st one – I really didn't like the fact that it required more than a single worded answer, as it meant that you could spend an age (as I did) trying out combinations of the same answer.

However, once you're past the 1st puzzle, they get better. Very cryptical and rewarding if you can work them out.

mistysakura, think about the number in the clue, it's very significant. And to help you out, the answer contians two words.
IP Logged

mathschallenge.net / projecteuler.net
Jamie

« Reply #3 on: Aug 23rd, 2003, 5:00am »

Yes, a few of the puzzles do need the exact wording, but I usually find that the wording that's required is the most logical one. Of course,  it's all very well saying that once you've got it right  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2003, 5:04am by Jamie » IP Logged
maryl

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 23rd, 2003, 7:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[quote author=Sir Col link=board=riddles_general;num=1061558838;start=0#2 date=08/23/03 at 04:18:13]The puzzles certainly are tricky. It took me ages to get the 1st one – I really didn't like the fact that it required more than a single worded answer, as it meant that you could spend an age (as I did) trying out combinations of the same answer.

Ya, I did the same thing, and gave up for now. Geez, how many combinations does it take?
IP Logged
Sir Col
Uberpuzzler

impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23rd, 2003, 8:35am »

Don't give up, as they're much better after that. I felt that 1st puzzle was a real disappointment on their part and they should seriously consider changing it. Unlike the puzzles that follow, it's not even particularly clever or impressive when you get it. If anyone has become bored with trying to work it out, IM me and I'll let you know what the 'answer' is.

Don't forget that they have a forum, with threads dedicated to each puzzle. I think you need to register separately to access the forum though.
IP Logged

mathschallenge.net / projecteuler.net
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »