wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Alice Maze »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 10:15pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: Icarus, william wu, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, SMQ, towr)
   Alice Maze
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alice Maze  (Read 598 times)
John_Gaughan
Uberpuzzler

Behold, the power of cheese!

5187759 5187759   john23874   SnowmanJTG
WWW Email

Alice Maze  
« on: Jan 13th, 2004, 1:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I followed a link in another thread to some mazes, and came across this: http://www.logicmazes.com/alice.html (JavaScript required)

Can anyone figure out maze 8? I found several solutions, however, after perusing the source code I learned that the only valid solution is when d==1. I figured out a few things, for example, there are a few infinite loops for arbitrary values of d. The opening sequence has a few limitations, since you must avoid setting d=0. I tried working backwards, but I cannot put the opening and closing sequences together. I'm missing something. I know it is not possible to avoid hitting the red arrows, and that you must hit an equal number of red and yellow arrows ([d] must equal its starting value, 1, at the end).

The guy who designed this maze is diabolical... but that's the best way for puzzles to be Smiley
IP Logged

x = (0x2B | ~0x2B)
x == the_question
John_Gaughan
Uberpuzzler

Behold, the power of cheese!

5187759 5187759   john23874   SnowmanJTG
WWW Email

Re: Alice Maze  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 1:14pm »

Of course, after working on it for about two hours, after asking for help in the forum, I solve it on the very next attempt.

Anyway, these puzzles are still pretty cool and I haven't solved all of them, especially the minotaur mazes.

hint for maze 8 :: You need to land on the yellow arrow pointing up and to the right when d==2. ::
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2004, 1:17pm by John_Gaughan » IP Logged

x = (0x2B | ~0x2B)
x == the_question
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Alice Maze  
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 1:32pm »

yes.. that's indeed thouroughly evil.. of course I could write a solver in 15 minutes or so.. I'm just not looking forward to creating all possible transitions..
(at least it's not a fractal maze, that can be much worse)
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »