wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Can srn347 be considered a spammer? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 6:04am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: william wu, Grimbal, towr, SMQ, Eigenray, Icarus, ThudnBlunder)
   Can srn347 be considered a spammer?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can srn347 be considered a spammer?  (Read 9257 times)
Aryabhatta
Uberpuzzler

Can srn347 be considered a spammer?  
« on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Given the flurry of meaningless and irrelevant posts to mostly dead topics, creating new threads irrevelant to the forum etc can we consider srn347 to be a spammer?

If majority agree, I suggest we ban him (at least temporarily)! Enough is enough.
IP Logged
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

Re: Can srn347 be considered a spammer?  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:25pm »

I suggest cutting the precocious little sh*t some slack by giving him a warning first.
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:38pm »

on Sep 7th, 2007, 5:25pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:
I suggest cutting the precocious little sh*t some slack by giving him a warning first.

And do you think he'll understand ? ( nevermind following the advice )
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:53pm »

on Sep 7th, 2007, 5:38pm, JiNbOtAk wrote:

And do you think he'll understand ?

Vee have vays of making him understand.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:46pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

"Double click on 'Yes'... Hey!"

« Reply #4 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:31pm »

Amen... this I look forward to seeing! *hauls out bag of popcorn*  
I say we explain in rather frank terms the problem and see what happens, if he continues, I am all for kicking his hinny to Mars... but let's give him a fair shot.
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #5 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:37pm »

on Sep 7th, 2007, 6:31pm, ima1trkpny wrote:
..I am all for kicking his hinny to Mars...

I know !! Let's give Obob the honours !  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:39pm by JiNbOtAk » IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #6 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 6:52pm »

on Sep 7th, 2007, 6:37pm, JiNbOtAk wrote:

I know !! Let's give Obob the honours !  Grin

Hey if it comes to that, I fully second! He isn't the only one that is frustrated... (*prays I don't count under Obob's list of irritating ones...*  Embarassed )
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
Obob
Senior Riddler

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 11:53pm »

Haha, I didn't intend to be the one to start a revolution.  At any rate, it would be nice if he could be made to understand what his place in this community could be.  But if he continues with his current habits for very long, I think he will seriously damage these forums.
IP Logged
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

A rich man is one who is content; not wealthy.

« Reply #8 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 2:31am »

on Sep 7th, 2007, 5:53pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:

Vee have vays of making him understand.

LOL.

Obob, you do realise (well you are quite brilliant in what you do), that you have posted at minimum 15 posts complaining about him. That's got to be considered a negative from where you stand, trying to only improve the forum, not degrade it.

I fully agree with the posts above, that he should be given a chance, if not vamoose permanently. I mean, his IP is logged.

He does have the qualities of a spammer, so I would consider him one.
IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
Obob
Senior Riddler

« Reply #9 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:32am »

Most of my complaints, however, have been in the form of criticisms of srn's actual posts.  Maybe it would be better if I just ignored him, but having every thread end in a false statement seems like a worse option to me.  Of course, he never acknowledges that he is wrong, and just goes on and posts his false statement again right after its being refuted.
IP Logged
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #10 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:44am »

Ok, after my last post here last night, I sent our dear srn347 a very nice message explaining what we felt was a problem and the sort of "manners", if you will, that to make everything run smoothly should be followed. I then continued to go on, that we would all happily welcome him, etc if he would just try to be more considerate and actually think through his posts.
His reply, was immature to put it nicely... I genuinely think the kid doesn't get it. Anyone else care to try? If not... I'm fed up with his crap.
IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #11 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 12:23pm »

He has been warned about his attitude and behaviour but has not changed his dissonant tune at all.
At first I thought he had some entertainment value but I am now in favour of the boot.
IP Logged

SMQ
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #12 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 1:02pm »

And yet here we all are, effectively talking about srn347 as though he weren't in the "room" -- not exactly the height of politeness either...

As a practical matter, I don't believe anyone but William can actually kick/ban an account; is it time to bring him into this?

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #13 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 3:27pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 1:02pm, SMQ wrote:
And yet here we all are, effectively talking about srn347 as though he weren't in the "room" -- not exactly the height of politeness either...

OK, let's arrange a secret conclave and at the end announce our decision with either black or white smoke. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2007, 11:38am by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #14 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 5:39pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 3:27pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:

OK, let's have a secret conclave and at the end announce our recommendations with either black or white smoke. Roll Eyes

If we look at actual conclaves, the outlook doesn't look good for srn347.
IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
srn437

the dark lord rises again....

« Reply #15 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 8:07pm »

YOU PEOPLE DARE START SUCH A TOPIC! Why do you people make your life's ambition be to virtually attack me continually?
IP Logged
Obob
Senior Riddler

« Reply #16 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 8:12pm »

I for one do not want to attack you.  Rather, I would prefer that you stay a member of this community, provided that you become a bit more mature and heed the advice of those who are more knowledgeable than you.  It is your arrogance and seeming total disregard for the work and opinions of others that means your current behavior in the forums cannot be tolerated forever.
IP Logged
Michael Dagg
Senior Riddler

« Reply #17 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 8:14pm »

Cheesy
IP Logged

Regards,
Michael Dagg
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #18 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 8:16pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 8:14pm, Michael_Dagg wrote:
Cheesy

Huh  Cheesy, No Obob, I do not wish to attack him like I do, but I have tried being polite, yet it didn't sink in. I went for a more direct approach, and it seems to have registered, but not fully yet. But we shall see the effects sooner than later.
IP Logged

srn437

« Reply #19 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 8:20pm »

Some of you don't wish to attack me. Those people are not spammers and I am not directing the below comment to them. Those of you who are attacking me:

You disapoint me more than sasuke hates itachi.
IP Logged
SMQ
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #20 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:08pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 8:07pm, srn347 wrote:
Why do you people make your life's ambition be to virtually attack me continually?

Are you really so oblivious as to be honestly unable to answer that question for yourself?

In a nutshell, it's because, unlike every other regular member of these forums you don't come here to learn anything -- only to "teach."  And even that might be somewhat tolerable if you were really as smart or knowledgeable as you think you are, but you're not.  You presume to teach math to people -- intelligent people -- who have been studying math longer than you've been alive.  You come across as disruptive, arrogant, immature, self-serving, and only rarely give any indication that you've even read, let alone attempted to understand what any one else has written here.

That's why you're not well liked.  That's why we "dare" to question your continuing role in this community.  Because you don't seem to want to be part of a community -- you seem just to want to be a dick.

(And yes, I realize that calling you a dick makes me a dick too -- so be it.  I've tried being polite.  I've tried talking like a Texan.  You don't seem to have heard a word of it.  Maybe by being a dick I'll at least make an impression.)

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

srn437

« Reply #21 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:27pm »

I have learned and taught. Have you? What would you do if you were you(which luckily for you, you aren't)?
IP Logged
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #22 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:31pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 9:27pm, srn347 wrote:
I have learned and taught. Have you? What would you do if you were you(which luckily for you, you aren't)?

Have you learned not be a dick from now on, and to post only to active threads, not one's which are long dead, and nobody is interested in(the one's in which there has ben a conclusive answer and proof). Have you learned from the abuse that you are annoying people? Have you learned that you re not respected? Have you understood that your stupid replies are not wanted e.g. the one you just stated? Well have you?

You have only taught us that we can be mean, but only when the correct pressure is applied, and you are certainly doing that.

Please stop for your own benefit.
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:32pm by mikedagr8 » IP Logged

srn437

srn347 is not a spammer!  
« Reply #23 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:37pm »

What is wrong with replying to long dead posts?
IP Logged
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

Re: srn347 is not a spammer!  
« Reply #24 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 9:42pm »

on Sep 8th, 2007, 9:37pm, srn347 wrote:
What is wrong with replying to long dead posts?

Nothing is wrong if you make a positive contribution. Unfortunately for you, and all of the other users on this site, you do not. Hence you are not benefiting the site, which is why doing so is incorrect. If you made some serious remarks and contributed in a positive fashion it would be acceptable.

Sure, I seem to be doing a lot of that recently(not making a positive contribution), but not in the same way you are. And it seemed that most people who have taken on the same trend seemed to start doing it around August 27 2007.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »