wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Can srn347 be considered a spammer? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 8:49am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   general problem-solving / chatting / whatever
(Moderators: Grimbal, Icarus, ThudnBlunder, SMQ, Eigenray, william wu, towr)
   Can srn347 be considered a spammer?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can srn347 be considered a spammer?  (Read 9258 times)
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

A rich man is one who is content; not wealthy.

Re: Can srn347 be considered a spammer?  
« Reply #50 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 4:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 17th, 2007, 4:33am, Barukh wrote:

Many more people are fasting these days.

True, probably closer to a billion people these days, but I'm sure you know what I meant. Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2007, 4:37am by mikedagr8 » IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
Barukh
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #51 on: Sep 17th, 2007, 4:54am »

on Sep 17th, 2007, 4:36am, mikedagr8 wrote:

True, probably closer to a billion people these days, but I'm sure you know what I meant. Wink

Sure!  Grin
IP Logged
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

"Double click on 'Yes'... Hey!"

« Reply #52 on: Sep 18th, 2007, 8:52pm »

Hmmmm... the irritation has yet to quit... maybe another approach should be taken "Don't be affended by my frank analysis, think of it as personality dialysis..."
"I know, I know about popular..." LOL... just having some fun  Grin
But if you haven't seen it, Wicked is definately a show worth seeing! (If you didn't like the song, give it a fair shake by seeing the set up to the schticks!) Great acting and some fabulous singing... a most excellent show.
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
Master Roshambollah

« Reply #53 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:47am »

Just out of curiosity, how did the whole srn347 saga end?  He's been posting a lot over at the worldrps.com bull board, and one of our members just found your forum and this thread.

I don't mean to dredge up old business, and excuse me if I'm resurrecting a dead thread.  However, I was struck with the similarities between our beloved Bull Board and this forum, as well as with the circumstances (especially "posting in dead threads.")  A lot of our members feel the same about our forum as you obviously do about yours.  A little cross-community communication can't be a bad thing.  Besides, I imagine a handful of our members may find interest in your riddle forum...

Any information greatly appreciated:  how did it end, was srn banned or warned, is the problem still going on, did the admins get involved, etc.

Thanks for your time, and think three!

Rosh

http://www.worldrps.com/bullboard/index.php
IP Logged
SMQ
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #54 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 12:07pm »

He was warned repeadedly that his disruptive behavior was not appreciated.  A non-binding community vote/poll was taken (with srn347 participating), and eventually the board administrator (William Wu) stepped in and banned him.  (The first few posts on page three of this thread are probably a reasonable summary of the way that ended.)

There's a strong general suspicion that he's recently resurfaced under the nick of temporary, but if so he's been far less disruptive this time around and so temp is (sometimes grudgingly) tolerated.

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

towr
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #55 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 12:17pm »

on Apr 27th, 2008, 11:47am, Master Roshambollah wrote:
Any information greatly appreciated:  how did it end, was srn banned or warned, is the problem still going on, did the admins get involved, etc.
He was  warned repeatedly and when that didn't help he was eventually banned. Of course it's hard to really ban someone. I'm confident he's back under another name (a rather blatant example here).  But he's not quite as bad as before, so I'd say it helped.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
temporary

« Reply #56 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 12:29pm »

I thought this thread was locked? Anyway, I see master rosh has joined the wu forums. Srn347 is apparently your apprentice(or so I heard). Anyway, it ended the same way kaiji ended. To be specific, he was cruelly and unjustly banned. Kaiji was just left with debt and pain(about 6 million yen and 4 fingers cut off). however, unlike kaiji, the good guy(srn347 in this case) actually gets another series with a better ending(if there is an ending).
IP Logged

My goal is to find what my goal is, once I find what my goal is, my goal will be complete.
towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #57 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 12:40pm »

There was nothing cruel or unjust about it; hence why you're the only one that thinks it was, because you're him.
IP Logged

temporary

« Reply #58 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 12:50pm »

If he is 1 and I am 1, we are 2. If you think he is me, you think we are 1. You think 1=2? We are quite similar though. best friends actually. Also, just like I used to watch this forum from afar, I do the same with the rps bullboard(see the bridge for a link).
IP Logged

My goal is to find what my goal is, once I find what my goal is, my goal will be complete.
ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #59 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 5:09pm »

on Apr 27th, 2008, 12:40pm, towr wrote:
There was nothing cruel or unjust about it; hence why you're the only one that thinks it was, because you're him.

The bullboard have quickly concluded he is a whackjob.   Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2008, 7:00pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
temporary

« Reply #60 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 9:20pm »

He is protected under the wings of the master, and also roshambollah(lol). http://www.worldrps.com/bullboard/index.php?topic=2659.msg20418#msg20418

In fact, you people have been attacking rosh when you attacked srn347.
UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE UNFORGIVABLE
In fact, just like srn347, rosh, and custard something, I will not post on this board for 168 hours(1 week) after this one.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2008, 9:24pm by temporary » IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #61 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 9:26pm »

on Apr 27th, 2008, 9:20pm, temporary wrote:

He sounds like another whackjob.  
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #62 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 11:35pm »

In fact, just like srn347, rosh, and custard something, I will not post on this board for 168 hours(1 week) after this one.

Promises, promises.
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #63 on: Apr 28th, 2008, 1:01am »

Rosh is not Srn's master in the context of this forum (if only because this isn't an rpg forum and such relations don't exist here in the first place). Nor is Rosh responsible for anything Srn did a) before he knew Srn, b) in places where he has no responsibility or control.

Quote:
Can't you add a few zeros?
« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2008, 1:17am by towr » IP Logged

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Uberpuzzler

Sorry Goose, it's time to buzz a tower.

Email

« Reply #64 on: Apr 28th, 2008, 1:48pm »

on Apr 28th, 2008, 1:01am, towr wrote:
Can't you add a few zeros?

After how long he kept silence here...  Undecided
IP Logged

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
temporary

« Reply #65 on: May 4th, 2008, 1:22am »

You mean after how long srn347 kept silent there, and he lasted the week(as did I here). And yes, I can add some extra zeroes, but if I was going to I would have already. Also, srn347 was apparently unbanned, but something doesn't seem right. He has no posts, he is a newbie(I know his posts weren't deleted), and he emailed me saying his password was changed so he can't even log in. Which one of you staff is the one who did that? Why mess with him? How could you bring him any lower after banning him?
IP Logged

mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

A rich man is one who is content; not wealthy.

« Reply #66 on: May 4th, 2008, 1:54am »

on May 4th, 2008, 1:22am, temporary wrote:
You mean after how long srn347 kept silent there, and he lasted the week(as did I here). And yes, I can add some extra zeroes, but if I was going to I would have already. Also, srn347 was apparently unbanned, but something doesn't seem right. He has no posts, he is a newbie(I know his posts weren't deleted), and he emailed me saying his password was changed so he can't even log in. Which one of you staff is the one who did that? Why mess with him? How could you bring him any lower after banning him?

By my calculations you only lasted 6 days 4 hours and 2 minutes. Now 168 hours is not equal to 148 hours and 2 minutes. You did well to last so long, but I feel as it can be seen you don't have the control. So maybe a longer period of banning should be enforced on you so you can show your control.

The only person capable of changing another person's password is Mr. Wu.
IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #67 on: May 4th, 2008, 7:24am »

on May 4th, 2008, 1:22am, temporary wrote:
Also, srn347 was apparently unbanned
I doubt William had the time or inclination to unban him. More likely is that srn's IP number has changed in the last half year or so. Or perhaps there's a natural time-out to a ban; in any case it's very doubtful there was any intent behind it.

Quote:
but something doesn't seem right. He has no posts, he is a newbie(I know his posts weren't deleted)
If an account is deleted, the posts remain. If a new account under the same name is (re)made, the old posts are not re-attributed to that (new) account.

Quote:
and he emailed me saying his password was changed so he can't even log in. Which one of you staff is the one who did that?
Well, considering none of us can do that (except our admin who's otherwise occupied), I would have to guess none.
If srn wasn't the one to remake that account, then someone else did; and then naturally he wouldn't have the password.

Quote:
Why mess with him? How could you bring him any lower after banning him?
We could try and tell on him to his mother. But really, he doesn't rank high on my list of people I want to waste effort on one way or another. You're  overinflating his importance.
And if you think banning is low, then you lack perspective. It simply says that enough is enough. He had ample chances to improve his behaviour, and took none.
IP Logged

temporary

« Reply #68 on: May 6th, 2008, 5:10pm »

Time is relative to space, and srn347's space from the forum wasn't constant, so can anyone tell if he was off by 12 hours?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »