wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - new member, more cypher than riddle »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 6:02pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   medium
(Moderators: towr, Icarus, ThudnBlunder, SMQ, Grimbal, william wu, Eigenray)
   new member, more cypher than riddle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new member, more cypher than riddle  (Read 497 times)
m0ngoos3

new member, more cypher than riddle  
« on: Jan 25th, 2005, 5:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

not sure if this post goes here or even if it goes on this board but i'll let everyone give it a try.

4 encrypted passages all done useing the same key and encryption rules, but each using a diffrent presentation. first and second phrases have no blank (or dummy) characters but the seconed and fourth do. i created the key in under 10 min and encripted the passages by hand (this took longer than 10 min) all passesges are from the hobbit.

e6 77 l0 -5 -7 rc ke hl za y3 ue jk iz ep l3 lc 7l

the other three chypers will come tomorrow, (it's late here and they arn't fully encrypted yet)
IP Logged
m0ngoos3

Re: new member, more cypher than riddle  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 3:28pm »

next passage deleyed again i found an error in my key also found spelling error in first passage

e6 77 l0 -5 -7 rc ke hl za y3 ue jk iz ep l3 lc e3 cc

corrected first passage (this chypher would be easy to program if i knew a living laguge and had a compiler [interger basic doesn't get you vary far these days])

IP Logged
m0ngoos3

Re: new member, more cypher than riddle  
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:48pm »

i've been busy with work and then i got my wisdom teeth romoved so i'm never going to get around to posting the other passages. however, because i don't like to leave things alone i'll post the key to undersanding the key (seming as how i've misplaced the real one)

first you build your aphabet and asign each letter/number a numaric value (mine had 44 because i used a base 11 nuber system and had some specail charicters +-/*ect) then you create a list of random charicters and assign them numaric values (i had 23)  

to get a letter you take two chariters from the random list and add up there values to equel the value of the letter of number that you wanted (example being ap=10+5=15=o)

if you take it to extremes (like i did) you can asign a value to spaceing and group the charicters in any way that you want by adding blank charicters (charicters with no numaric value)

with enough time and effort you could even arrange your random  charicters into real words
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »