wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Easy Microsoft Riddle »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:52pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   microsoft
(Moderators: william wu, Icarus, towr, SMQ, Grimbal, Eigenray, ThudnBlunder)
   Easy Microsoft Riddle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Easy Microsoft Riddle  (Read 19181 times)
CowsRUs

Why is it that cats are better then cows? Why not?

Easy Microsoft Riddle  
« on: Feb 8th, 2007, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This was originally a joke that was told to me by my brother. I turned it into an easy joke
A dozen millionares were traveling on a private jet.  They had to take an emergency landing. However, the pilot could not see well in the fog which panicked the millionares.  They bugged the pilot, so he decided to ask a person on the rooftop of a high building.
The pilot shouted,"Where am I?"
The man shouted back,"You're in a plane!"
Moments later, the pilot turned and landed safely into a runway.
How did he know where he was?!
 Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

"It is very good to have a brother who has a cow. It is also good to have a brother who has two cows. In fact, a brother with a cow is great, except when he has exactly 135 cows and is one of thecow himself."-Unknown
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Re: Easy Microsoft Riddle  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 3:13am »

Hm... the man on the rooftop told him.
IP Logged
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 3:29am »

Most riddles in the "Microsoft" section are by M$ (or similar in spirit), not about M$.
IP Logged

How about supercalifragilisticexpialidociouspuzzler [Towr, 2007]
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #3 on: Feb 9th, 2007, 7:43pm »

A jet flying past a building, and the pilot is carrying on a conversation by yelling at someone on the building!Huh!?

This is a variation of a joke I've seen in various forms, but all the other versions didn't make the mistake of putting the conversationalists in a situation where talking to each other is physically impossible.

The joke generally goes more like this: A man in a balloon becomes disoriented while crossing the wilderness and is unable to make out any landmarks. Finally he sees someone hiking and descends. When he is low enough he calls out to the man and asks "Where am I?". The man replies "You're in a hot air balloon". The balloonist calls back "You must be a mathematician!". The hiker replies "Yes! How did you know?" The balloonist returns "Your answer is both completely accurate and completely worthless!"

The occupation of the man on the ground changes with various version, depending on who the jokester wants to insult.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12th, 2007, 5:16am »

They are billionaires.  They can afford a vertical take-off jet.
IP Logged
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #5 on: Feb 12th, 2007, 5:46am »

on Feb 9th, 2007, 7:43pm, Icarus wrote:
A jet flying past a building, and the pilot is carrying on a conversation by yelling at someone on the building!Huh!?

This is a variation of a joke I've seen in various forms, but all the other versions didn't make the mistake of putting the conversationalists in a situation where talking to each other is physically impossible.

The joke generally goes more like this: A man in a balloon becomes disoriented while crossing the wilderness and is unable to make out any landmarks. Finally he sees someone hiking and descends. When he is low enough he calls out to the man and asks "Where am I?". The man replies "You're in a hot air balloon". The balloonist calls back "You must be a mathematician!". The hiker replies "Yes! How did you know?" The balloonist returns "Your answer is both completely accurate and completely worthless!"

The occupation of the man on the ground changes with various version, depending on who the jokester wants to insult.

There's also a followup, where the man on the ground replies:

"You must be in Management."  

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"  

"Well," said the ground-bound one, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You expect people beneath you to solve your problems. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."  

IP Logged

How about supercalifragilisticexpialidociouspuzzler [Towr, 2007]
Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2007, 8:14am »

he knows the air port he is landing on and the man is in the service tower, making out the loacation and oreintearing he lands were the run way should be. ***************************************
****____ ******************************
***/   @   \  hi    _____******************  
***|||||||||  *****/   @     \*****************
***\____/******| yup | ***************

plane     tower
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
Random Lack of Squiggily Lines
Senior Riddler

Everything before 7/1/2008 is now irrelevant.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11th, 2007, 8:14am »

didnt cum out right
IP Logged

You can only believe i what you can prove, and since you have nothing proven to cmpare to, you can believe in nothing.

I have ~50 posts to hack a "R" into a "D". Which one?
sleek_monkey

The other girl is in my head and shares my body...

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 8:16am »

this ones a toughy. in theory, a man in a sealed aircraft, could not possibly speak to the man by word of mouth without some alternative source of communication. as was said before, the man (on the tower) might be in the airport. however, if he wasnt, there is then the question of what some idiot was doing on top of a tall tower in the middle of the fog. there is also the possibility that the plane the man on the tower was talking about was actually a geological plain i.e. a flat area of land... other than that im stumped.
IP Logged
FiBsTeR
Senior Riddler

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21st, 2007, 9:33am »

I think the answer that CowsRUs wants is that the pilot of the jet knew the building was the Microsoft building because the answer the man on the roof gave was "accurate but useless." The pilot then knows where to land the plane relative to the MS building.
IP Logged
username101

« Reply #10 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:45pm »

did ask the aircontrol person of the radio?
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2007, 11:46pm by username101 » IP Logged

"Skiing is a serous addiction... it could almost be compared to crack" - Chris Rubens
ChuckHL

« Reply #11 on: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:49pm »

on Jun 21st, 2007, 8:16am, sleek_monkey wrote:
... there is also the possibility that the plane the man on the tower was talking about was actually a geological plain i.e. a flat area of land... other than that im stumped.

I have to agree with sleek_money. Specially since most of this questions from microsoft are delivered verbally. I would assume they are using plane and plain interchangeably.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2007, 12:50pm by ChuckHL » IP Logged
foobar

« Reply #12 on: Jul 9th, 2008, 3:08pm »

http://www.guy-sports.com/jokes/pilot_jokes.htm

A Classic Piece of Navigation
There was a pilot flying a small single engine charter plane, with a couple of very important executives on board. He was coming into Seattle airport through thick fog with less than 10m visibility when his instruments went out. So he began circling around looking for landmark. After an hour or so, he starts running pretty low on fuel and the passengers are getting very nervous.  

Finally, a small opening in the fog appears and he sees a tall building with one guy working alone on the fifth floor. The pilot banks the plane around, rolls down the window and shouts to the guy, 'Hey! Where am I?' To this, the solitary office worker replies, 'You're in a plane.'  

The pilot rolls up the window, executes a 275 degree turn and proceeds to execute a perfect blind landing on the runway of the airport 5 miles away. Just as the plane stops, so does the engine as the fuel has run out.  
The passengers are amazed and one asks how he did it. 'Simple,' replies the pilot, 'I asked the guy in that building a simple question. The answer he gave me was 100 per cent correct but absolutely useless, therefore that must be Microsoft's support office and from there I knew the airport was just 5 miles away.'

IP Logged
acceleracer

« Reply #13 on: Aug 6th, 2008, 8:16pm »

The answer of the person on ground is ''"You are in a PLANE".here PLANE implies plain ground that's how the pilot could land.
IP Logged
diemert

« Reply #14 on: Nov 21st, 2009, 10:10am »

actually the answer is that hes in the plains
IP Logged
fizyka

Physics&Informa tics <3

« Reply #15 on: Dec 30th, 2011, 2:31pm »

I heard that version of this joke with 2 mathematicians and 2 physicist.

That "Microsoft version" I dont get.
IP Logged

fizyka , karta wzorów fizyka , książki z fizyki
seoteknik

« Reply #16 on: Sep 2nd, 2012, 6:05pm »

Absoultly Lol !
IP Logged
colleenok

merhaba

« Reply #17 on: Nov 11th, 2012, 3:44pm »

Microsoft is really good
IP Logged
Johnson

G33k

« Reply #18 on: Dec 2nd, 2012, 8:32am »

tough one but cool.the man on the roof top i guess  Tongue
IP Logged
cartoonle

« Reply #19 on: Dec 13th, 2012, 3:45am »

This is more a joke than a riddle. The solution is not logical enough to be a riddle.
IP Logged

friv - something i've built
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #20 on: Sep 25th, 2013, 10:34am »

If the man on the rooftop is a sadist, then plane might be an anagram. So maybe the pilot is in Panel City, if such place exists.
IP Logged

SEMfuze

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27th, 2013, 7:09am »

vertical takeoff jet, now that would be cool!
IP Logged
webtasarim

http://www.yelidesign.net   http://www.yelidesign.net

« Reply #22 on: Oct 6th, 2013, 10:04am »

it s easy , there is a radar on plane . pilot mustnt know where he is.he can look from radar to see everything in a foggy weather
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »