wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Post Dates? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:44pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: towr, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Grimbal, Eigenray, Icarus)
   Post Dates?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Post Dates?  (Read 1342 times)
James Fingas
Uberpuzzler

Email

Post Dates?  
« on: Oct 1st, 2002, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

William,

Over time, I have come to the conclusion that within a category, the topics are sorted according to most-recently-posted. However, lately I've been noticing that the topics aren't always in this order. Why is this? Does it have to do with people removing/modifying posts? Is Yabb screwed up? Is it some sort of subtle puzzle that we must figure out?
IP Logged

Doc, I'm addicted to advice! What should I do?
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

Re: Post Dates?  
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2002, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

When the topics aren't in the right order, that's because I recently moved them to a different category. So for instance, I recently decided that the japanese temple geometry problems weren't really that hard, and were more appropriate for the medium section. So after moving those riddles to medium.shtml on the main webpage, I also had to move the threads from the hard section to the medium section. YaBB then automatically places those moved geometry threads at the top of the medium bulletin board. If I had written YaBB I wouldn't have designed it this way; to me it makes more sense to sort recently moved threads according to their date of creation rather than their date of moving. Sorry, no subtle puzzles here Smiley
IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »