wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Riddles that apply to more than one category »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 10:19am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: SMQ, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Icarus, Eigenray, Grimbal, towr)
   Riddles that apply to more than one category
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Riddles that apply to more than one category  (Read 3460 times)
mattian
Senior Riddler

WWW Email

Riddles that apply to more than one category  
« on: Aug 5th, 2004, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does this forum support threads which belong to more than one category?  In other words, if you have a what-am-i puzzle which is hard, can each category keep a reference to the same thread?  Or is this sort of multiple inheritance not supported?

If this is not supported, how should the category be chosen?  Do categories have precedence?
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2004, 10:21am by mattian » IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Riddles that apply to more than one category  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 1:22pm »

Quote:
Does this forum support threads which belong to more than one category?
Nope.. you can't reference the same thread in different categories, I don't think there are many, if any, forums that support such a feature (though I have long thought about making one that does)

Just post it in either. Personally, I'd generally put a topic in easy/medium/hard only if it doesn't fit well in any of the other categories..
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
mattian
Senior Riddler

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 5th, 2004, 1:28pm »

Is it acceptable practice to include the riddle in one category, create a thread for it in another with a hyperlink to the real thread?  Or would you prefer I didn't do that?

Also is there a short form for including local hyperlinks?  In other words, if I want to link to another thread, do I use the full http://... url?  or can it be done by ID or something?
IP Logged
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

« Reply #3 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 11:51am »

It would be preferred to make only one thread, such that replies aren't potentially sent to both threads, making it more difficult for users to read all the content.  

What am I problems should go to the what am i forum; the what am i and what happened forums are for these particular types of riddles.

I don't know of a short way to do local hyperlinks, although it may exist. Anyways, Ctrl+D, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V should still work Smiley

IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »