wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Riddle and Puzzle Books »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:37pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: Icarus, towr, Eigenray, SMQ, william wu, Grimbal, ThudnBlunder)
   Riddle and Puzzle Books
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Riddle and Puzzle Books  (Read 1064 times)
helenislovely

Riddle and Puzzle Books  
« on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone have any recommendations of riddle or puzzle books? I'm interested in three specific areas:
1, Ones that include a portion of anecote and/or history as to the origin of the particular riddle. For example, I like the bee and the train riddle for the illustration it gives of Neumann's thinking process. I've read this story on the net and I want more info - it must come from somewhere!
2, A compendium of riddles through the ages: from Greek through Anglo-saxon to the present day (ie the book gives some notion of the riddle's origin)
3, A book that discusses the cultural significance/ role of riddles, especially the popularity of maths vs language based ones or logical analysis vs tricks.

Can anyone help me out with some recommendations or links to other sites? I've been to a fair few sites, including philosophical paradoxes but I'd be really interested in anything you think might be useful. Thanks
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »