wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Looking for an article »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:31am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: william wu, Icarus, SMQ, Grimbal, towr, ThudnBlunder, Eigenray)
   Looking for an article
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for an article  (Read 1198 times)
Benny
Uberpuzzler

Looking for an article  
« on: Feb 28th, 2008, 11:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am looking for articles on a three-way duels.

I know that a paper has been published on a three-man duels. I was told that I could find an analysis of the situation in which three shooters, A, B, and C shoot and hit with respective probabilities 30%, 100%, 50%.  

I've searched for it on the net, but couldn't find it.
Are there any free articles on the analysis of the three-way duels available on the net?
IP Logged

If we want to understand our world — or how to change it — we must first understand the rational choices that shape it.
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Looking for an article  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 12:30pm »

I know there's a couple of threads on the topic on the forum, but I don't think anyone ever mentioned an article about it there..
It's a fairly easy situation to analyze though. Although there are a few things to decide on; like can somebody intentionally miss, and in what order do the shooters shoot (or do they shoot simultaneously).  
The puzzle version assumes they shoot in order A,B,C, and the question is where A should aim to have the best chance of survival (the ground is a popular option).
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

Re: Looking for an article  
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2008, 3:09pm »

on Feb 28th, 2008, 11:22am, BenVitale wrote:
I've searched for it on the net, but couldn't find it. Are there any free articles on the analysis of the three-way duels available on the net?

If this is no good, try these.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2008, 5:08pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »