wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Upgrade in the forum. »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:07am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: Icarus, Eigenray, towr, william wu, SMQ, Grimbal, ThudnBlunder)
   Upgrade in the forum.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Upgrade in the forum.  (Read 1120 times)
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Upgrade in the forum.  
« on: May 22nd, 2008, 1:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello William,

I noticed a few changes in the forum.  Among others, it seems that now the pictures have a 85x85 format.

The problem is that all my ~20 pictures use a 65x65 format.  Now they get scaled up to the 85x85 format and they don't look good.

Is this going to stay?  Is it worth to take the time and produce 85x85 pictures?  Or maybe there is a way to display smaller pictures at native resolution?

PS: anyway, I appreciate the time you give maintaining this forum.
IP Logged
william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

Re: Upgrade in the forum.  
« Reply #1 on: May 22nd, 2008, 1:21am »

Hi there Grimbal,

Sorry, I had changed that on a whim for no real reason. I just changed it back to 65 x 65. Your ever-changing avatar images are special enough to keep it that way Smiley

W
IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: May 22nd, 2008, 3:26am »

No problem.
IP Logged
SMQ
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2008, 5:08am »

Speaking of forum changes, while I appreciate the plug for my math symbols script, the giant icon in the top toolbar looks really hideous. Wink

Edit: I've also noticed that the text in quoted posts is now slightly off (a bit larger, or a slightly different font) from the main forum text, which looks mighty odd to me.

--SMQ
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008, 5:12am by SMQ » IP Logged

--SMQ

william wu
wu::riddles Administrator

Re: Upgrade in the forum.   smallquotesize_snapshot.png
« Reply #4 on: May 22nd, 2008, 5:29am »

on May 22nd, 2008, 5:08am, SMQ wrote:
Speaking of forum changes, while I appreciate the plug for my math symbols script, the giant icon in the top toolbar looks really hideous. Wink

Edit: I've also noticed that the text in quoted posts is now slightly off (a bit larger, or a slightly different font) from the main forum text, which looks mighty odd to me.

--SMQ

Smiley How about now? I made it smaller. Also replaced pi with .  
I had made the quote text smaller because it was appearing rather small on my browser for some weird reason. But I guess it is showing up the right size on yours? The picture below shows what I see under the old quote text size, which I have returned the font size to.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2008, 5:31am by william wu » IP Logged

[ wu ] : http://wuriddles.com / http://forums.wuriddles.com
SMQ
Uberpuzzler

Re: Upgrade in the forum.   toolbar.png
« Reply #5 on: May 22nd, 2008, 6:53am »

on May 22nd, 2008, 5:29am, william wu wrote:
I had made the quote text smaller because it was appearing rather small on my browser for some weird reason.

Ahh, interesting.  Looks to me like you have the font size in your browser ratcheted up a few notches, and while the main forum text resizes properly, the quote text doesn't; probably something to do with the forum text being specified in the CSS while the quote text is specified in a font tag...I don't know if there's anything you can do about that, then, unless it's possible to tell YaBB not to override the quote text in the font tag and just use the CSS (which looks to be the same as the forum font)?

I'll bet with the larger font size your tool bar doesn't look as bad as what I see with the default font size either -- I see it like this:
IP Logged

--SMQ

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »