wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Too much math! »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:48pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   suggestions, help, and FAQ
(Moderators: towr, Icarus, SMQ, william wu, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, Eigenray)
   Too much math!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Too much math!  (Read 1218 times)
Cerberus

Too much math!  
« on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 9:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The huge majority of the riddles on this site are math-based.  I'm not a math student, and I'm not interested in finding probabilities or whatever.

I just want straight-up logic riddles that I can share with friends without forcing them to whip out calculators, scribble notes, and get a degree before solving.

Is there any way to see a collection of the non-math riddles?
IP Logged
SMQ
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Re: Too much math!  
« Reply #1 on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 9:41am »

Here?  No, probably not: we like math here. Wink   That said, many of our members are familiar with other riddle books/sites and may be able to point you to some of them.

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

Cerberus

« Reply #2 on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:32am »

on Apr 3rd, 2009, 9:41am, SMQ wrote:
Here?  No, probably not: we like math here. Wink   That said, many of our members are familiar with other riddle books/sites and may be able to point you to some of them.

--SMQ

Oh, I would appreciate that!  Even disregarding the math ones, I have still found a great collection of enjoyable riddles here - unlike most riddle sites that Google has led me to, which have lame wordplay or rhyming 'What Am I' riddles.

The best riddles, to me, are the ones that require raw logic... like the one with the 3 Logic Masters and the Grand Master who puts dots on their foreheads.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Aryabhatta
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:05am »

There should be plenty of puzzles of your interest here.

The easy section has 78 pages, Medium has 50 and Hard has 24. I can't imagine that they are all math related.

Also, did you check out the main riddle site? (The Red question mark at the top).

Also, usually the math related puzzles in easy/medium, do not require too much algebra or even a degree. Basic High school mathematics should be sufficient. I suggest you give some of them a try, you might even like them Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:05am by Aryabhatta » IP Logged
SMQ
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:14am »

That's true: there are a fair number number of non-mathematical riddles here, just no index of them that I'm aware of.  Along other lines, googling "logic puzzles" rather than "riddles" (assuming you haven't already) may lead you to some different sites.

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

Cerberus

« Reply #5 on: Apr 3rd, 2009, 12:42pm »

Thanks guys!  Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »