wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Hanging out »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 1:18pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: SMQ, ThudnBlunder, towr, Grimbal, Eigenray, william wu, Icarus)
   Hanging out
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hanging out  (Read 853 times)
Kitty

Hanging out  
« on: Sep 6th, 2003, 6:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This a classic 'what happened' but no one seem to have posted it. (Soz if it there before, any way it si very easy and most people know it)

A man is hung in a room. There are no window and doors. There is nothing in the room but the dead man and a pool of water under him.

How did he hang himself?
IP Logged

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we would still be so stupid that we couldn't understand it.~Kant (1724-1804)
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Re: Hanging out  
« Reply #1 on: Sep 6th, 2003, 8:37am »

How he hung himself is easy. What I want to know is:
Quote:
There are no window and doors.

How did he GET INTO this room? And how did anyone else get in to discover his death and the mysterious pool of water?
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
BNC
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2003, 1:47am »

on Sep 6th, 2003, 8:37am, Icarus wrote:
How he hung himself is easy. What I want to know is:

How did he GET INTO this room? And how did anyone else get in to discover his death and the mysterious pool of water?

But that's easy too. First he built a floor in the middle of a field. The he stood there with nothing but a block of ice, a rope, and a hook. Then, construction builders built the house around him. Then he hung himself. Then the constuction workers broke the house down.
The real question is -- where can you find these builders, who will finish buiding a house before a block of ice melts...
IP Logged

How about supercalifragilisticexpialidociouspuzzler [Towr, 2007]
Lightboxes

« Reply #3 on: Sep 8th, 2003, 9:58pm »

I had a construction teacher that told me how he was part of a project that would contruct an entire house in one week.  I don't know if the foundations were down before the start of the one week construction but he told his class how the all the cabinets of teh house would go up in one day.  The houses were built so quickly that the studs did not have time to dry.  This caused the floor to fall and create a space between the floor and the molding on the wall.  

In that school as well, the construction rooms were so large that you could build several parts of the house (kitchen, bath rooms, etc.) in the school...then transport the modular parts to the construction site.
IP Logged

A job is not worth doing unless it's worth doing well.
pedronunezmd

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20th, 2004, 5:17am »

Hmm, I'm also not sure how he hung himself, because there was nothing in the room but the man and the water, so he couldn't have used rope...
IP Logged
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20th, 2004, 3:43pm »

I first wanted to say that if there is nothing but the the room, the man and the water, he must be nacked, so he might be hung like a horse, but I will spare you this idea, because I found another one.

Mentionning ready-made construction, the windowless, doorless room could have been built with the dead man inside, and then lifted by a crane.  You get a man hung in a room.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »