wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Story riddle???? Help Please??? »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:12pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, william wu, towr, Icarus, SMQ, Eigenray, Grimbal)
   Story riddle???? Help Please???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Story riddle???? Help Please???  (Read 1486 times)
azraely2k

Story riddle???? Help Please???  
« on: Nov 4th, 2004, 2:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

this is a riddle created by a friend of mine. i have never seen one like it. if i have posted this wrongly please forgive me. i have been ponderign this riddle for a day and a half and simply can not figure it out. So i pose it to you all.  

Massahani  

Here lays the Great King Theoric Hlævang slain in battle the third day of the second season of Myrcadian by the Balrog Asgnar Maereak.  

We can hold out no longer and tis many a week since the few were sent out to seek our brethren in the north. Each passing of the sun brings more of the Balrogs minions to the gates and the sound of drums echo in our halls like the sounding of doom.  

Yesterday my lady was slain by a new threat unleashed upon us by the demon returning our dead to us in the animated fury of the walking dead; alas that I should see my wife again as his Evil Wizardry reanimates her corpse turning her lifeless arms against her kin in a cruelty of hatred that she never bore any living thing in all the many years of her life.  

The fires can be seen in the deep wells at night raising a sulphuric acrid smell which carries up through the cracks in the floors smothering the senses and clogging the lungs of the few who remain to guard the gates... Where are our brothers and sisters of the north why have they not come to our aid in this our hour of peril?  

The Sun has set and the drums are sounding again - they come...
IP Logged
DeMark

Re: Story riddle???? Help Please???  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 7:46am »

...we cannot get out... the shadow's moving in the dark... we cannot get out...  

I know what is it about and where is it from (I watched the movie 5 days ago and recorded it on a tape- yay!),  
but I don't understand how can this be a riddle and what is the answer I'm supposed to give. Tongue

« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2004, 7:58am by DeMark » IP Logged
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Nov 8th, 2004, 2:08am »

Then it goes:
Doom, doom, doom!
IP Logged
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 8:07pm »

Sorry, but there is no necromancy of this sort in the Lord of the Rings. While this prose is clearly derivative of Tolkein's last stand of the dwarves in the Chamber of Mazarbul in Moria, it diverges in many aspects (including being overly florid). In addition to the necromancy, "Theoric Hlævang" is not a Tolkienesque name (Balin was the dwarf king entombed in the chamber of Mazarbul), and neither are "Myrcadian" or "Asgnar Maereak".

I must agree with DeMark, though, in not understanding how this is supposed to be a puzzle. What are we supposed to answer?
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Speaker
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Nov 9th, 2004, 10:31pm »

My guess, not as to the anwer, but as to the reason. I think it is an analogy. And, that it should be in the Who Am I section.  

So, the answer would be a thing that has evil smoky fire underneath, and where the contents are good, and also zombie like.  

So, here is a guess: It is a Bar-b-que. The sulpharic acrid smells are caused by the coals, and the reanimated stuff is the meat when it spits and crackles on the grill. The brethren to the north are the cold beers on ice in the cooler, which have not arrived yet because your brother-in-law, who went to the store, is late.  

The balrog minions that are coming are guests arriving, or maybe party crashers.  

The great king is the Host or the guest of honor, who has passed out after battling with some of the northern brothers maybe.
IP Logged

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. <Ben Franklin>
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »