wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Re: The choice 2 »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:57pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: SMQ, towr, ThudnBlunder, Icarus, Eigenray, Grimbal, william wu)
   Re: The choice 2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: The choice 2  (Read 1061 times)
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« on: Nov 28th, 2005, 7:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"A typical log cabin"? What is it chinked with? If we are talking about a log cabin as in "the good old days", I'd hardly worry about it, as the things were less than air-tight. But in that case, you could use the pencil to dig through the mud chinking the gap between the the logs.

A modern cabin would be problematic, as they are usually chinked with cement. Your pencil doesn't have a chance.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2005, 4:39am »

But the bad guy has a bottle of air on the back.  Slowly it will be released inside the cabin.  It will increase the pressure inside until some of it leaves the cabin through some cracks.  So he will get some air out!

Else, he can yell and bring out some sound.

Or, he can abandon all hope.

IP Logged
john fraser

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 12:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

How about this:
[hideb][/hideb]I would examine the construction of the log walls to find a log that’s end would be exposed to the outside world. In the corner of the room I would hammer the pencil into this log to shallow depth with the bible (it needn’t be deep at all). I would next remove the lead from the pencil to create a straw, perhaps snapping it in two to make this easier.  I would then insert the straw into the hole and perhaps seal any gaps with chewed tobacco from the cigarettes. At this point I would take a mouthful of pepsi and blow it into the straw with a low steady force which would hopefully force the pepsi into the logs outer sapwood, through its Xylem cells and to emerge in the outside world to achieve our goal inside the hour available.
IP Logged
walkabout

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 1:38pm »

Of course I realise now that I was grasping at straws with this pipe dream.

John
IP Logged
cheesepuff
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 9:31pm »

Well if I got out of there, why would I need your teleporter to get me out? Huh

Besides, If you were really stuck you could take the bible and pray you wouldn't go to hell.

Or you could take the man's ak47 and try to shoot down the wall, or kill him and take his teleporter. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

errrrrrrrrrrr........ 24
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »