wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Flowers »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:21pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Icarus, Eigenray, towr, ThudnBlunder, william wu, SMQ, Grimbal)
   Flowers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flowers  (Read 1066 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Flowers  
« on: Mar 25th, 2008, 8:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Tom would’ve died if Hillary hadn’t flowers. What happened?  
IP Logged

SMQ
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Re: Flowers  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 9:30am »

The flowers in question were Opium Poppies which so anesthetized Tom he was unable to experience La petite mort.  Had she not the flowers, he would have "died". Grin

--SMQ
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008, 9:42am by SMQ » IP Logged

--SMQ

denis
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 9:36am »

Tom is allergic to bee stings and gets an anaphylactic reaction which would kill him if stung by a bee. The bee that was about to sting Tom decided it preferred the flowers instead of Tom.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008, 9:37am by denis » IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:09pm »

Perhaps there’s someone who can provide an undisputed solution, but not me. Yep, I’m pretty sure that I made a mistake, and I’m too embarrassed to say the answer I had in mind. Maybe someone here can provide a fine answer, perhaps by applying poetic license, something like what SMQ and Denis suggested. In short, I propose that this riddle is deleted. Now, a long time ago I asked towr and Icarus to delete a faulty riddle of mine, but they were too tolerant to do so. So perhaps Grimbal is my only chance. Later.   Embarassed
IP Logged

denis
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:19pm »

It was Tom and Hillary's 10'th wedding aniversarry. If Tom had forgot to bring her flowers, she would have killed him.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:20pm by denis » IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 1:15pm »

on Mar 25th, 2008, 12:19pm, denis wrote:
It was Tom and Hillary's 10'th wedding aniversarry. If Tom had forgot to bring her flowers, she would have killed him.  Grin

Well then, no need to delete the riddle anymore. Tongue
IP Logged

Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 1:49pm »

They promised each other that the first one to die gets flowers from the other one on the grave.

She died.  She had flowers on her grave.  It would not have been the case if Tom had died first.

Or maybe Tom is a hungry bee.

Or Tom is rich and Hillary, his wife, has a lover.  Tom sent her a huge bunch of flowers.  Hillary doesn't know who sent them.  The husband or the lover?  She has to make a tough choice.  Keep the flowers until Tom comes back or hide them.  If she makes the wrong decision Tom will know about her affair and she will have to kill him.  Or loose her standard of living.  She decides to keep the flowers mainly because she couldn't think of a way to get rid of them.  Luckily, it was Tom who sent them.  He never knew he almost died that night.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 2:50pm »

on Mar 25th, 2008, 1:49pm, Grimbal wrote:
She died.  She had flowers on her grave.  It would not have been the case if Tom had died first.

You mean they tried to kill each other and Tom won? Not bad! Typical husband and wife stuff, eh?
IP Logged

Grimbal
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #8 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 3:43am »

on Mar 26th, 2008, 2:50pm, Iceman wrote:

You mean they tried to kill each other and Tom won? Not bad! Typical husband and wife stuff, eh?

No.  What I meant is that if there were no flowers, you could have concluded that Tom died.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »