wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Freezing man »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:51pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Icarus, Grimbal, Eigenray, SMQ, william wu, ThudnBlunder, towr)
   Freezing man
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Freezing man  (Read 1014 times)
cheesepuff
Uberpuzzler

Freezing man  
« on: Jun 20th, 2008, 10:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A group of people are snowed in at a large cabin above a hill. They have all been in there for about an hour. Suddenly, they hear a doorbell ringing. They open the door and suddenly their friend, stabbed and frozen, falls in. There is a detective among them (yes, detectives CAN have friends). At first, he believes that no one in the cabin could have done it, for they were all in the cabin for and hour when the doorbell rang. Then, while examining the area around the door, he finds something that made him realize that it was actually possible to it to happen. He then deducts the rest and finds the killer. What did he find?
IP Logged

errrrrrrrrrrr........ 24
ssa

Re: Freezing man  
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2008, 11:26pm »

I still don't know the answer but how is it possible for a dead man to ring the doorbell? And do large cabins above hills even have a doorbell?
IP Logged
Sir Col
Uberpuzzler

impudens simia et macrologus profundus fabulae

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2008, 3:00am »

After the killer had murdered his friend he placed the body up against the door and attached an almost invisible thread to the old fashioned swinging door bell. Exactly one hour later he tugged the thread causing the bell to ring. When the door was opened the victim's body slumped into the cabin and the investigation began. However, the killer was a relation of srn734 and forgot to let go of the thread. So all the detective had to do was follow it to the murderer.  Roll Eyes

or

The victim went out looking for firewood, but due to the high winds and raging blizzard the door had to be firmly secured. However, because of the constant battering wind they wouldn't know if someone was banging on the door or it was just the wind, so the doorbell could be used as a signal that they had returned and to open the door. The killer knew this, so whilst his friend was out he rigged the doorbell so that when it was rung a large icicle would swing down and penetrate the victim's heart, killing him. The detective vividly remembers ringing the doorbell when he arrived to see if it worked and no large icicle killed him. So one of his friends must have done it!
IP Logged

mathschallenge.net / projecteuler.net
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2008, 10:16am »

I agree with Sir Col's 1st solution.  The one who entered the cabin last did it.
IP Logged
cheesepuff
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2008, 6:22pm »

They all went in at the same time. They had all gone out the back door at one time or another.  

The murderer dropped the dead guy on the doorbell. the only question is how, if he was in the house.

There is no thin thread. There was, however, something holding him up. How did the murderer do it when.... let's say they were eating dinner without doing anything suspicious. Like pulling a random string.
IP Logged

errrrrrrrrrrr........ 24
Eigenray
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:11pm »

I think I've read this one before.
IP Logged
cheesepuff
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23rd, 2008, 4:23pm »

This one I got from detective conan. I also got a few others. my friend told me about it a few weeks back.
IP Logged

errrrrrrrrrrr........ 24
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »