wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - murder mystery game #9 »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2024, 10:11am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Eigenray, ThudnBlunder, william wu, SMQ, Icarus, towr, Grimbal)
   murder mystery game #9
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: murder mystery game #9  (Read 1867 times)
Benny
Uberpuzzler

murder mystery game #9  
« on: Jul 15th, 2009, 12:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

'I was walking along the beach,' said Sid Shady, 'Watching my kite soar over the ocean when I came upon this body washed up on shore. I immediately phoned the police.' Shadow noted the nearby tracks of a seagull that lead out toward the ocean. 'The gull must have run across the sand in a take-off within the last 20 minutes or else the receding high tide would have washed its print away,' said Shadow. When Shadow inquired about the whereabouts of the kite, Shady said that in his excitement he must have let it go. 'It's probably over the ocean somewhere.' 'It's perfectly calm now,' noted Shadow. 'Yes, the wind suddenly died moments before you arrived,' replied Shady. 'I don't know what you're mixed up in,' said Shadow, 'but your story has a gaping hole.'  

What is it?
IP Logged

If we want to understand our world — or how to change it — we must first understand the rational choices that shape it.
Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Re: murder mystery game #9  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15th, 2009, 3:48am »

kites don't fly against the wind
... well, yes, they face the wind, but you know what I mean ...
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2009, 5:39am by Grimbal » IP Logged
Eigenray
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2009, 1:36pm »

I think we can conclude from this riddle that birds take off facing into the wind.
IP Logged
pfeinstein

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2012, 1:48pm »

If we assume that seagulls "take off" against the wind, and we compare the seagull's footprints, we know that the wind was blowing from the sea, which means that the kite couldn't have been soaring above water, rather, it must have been soaring above land.
IP Logged

A Wikipedia fan, I contribute regularly there on mechanical engineering & handle corrosion resistant valves at alloy-valves.com.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »