wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - The Cross and Salvation »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2024, 12:37am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: SMQ, Grimbal, towr, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Icarus, Eigenray)
   The Cross and Salvation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Cross and Salvation  (Read 1051 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

The Cross and Salvation  
« on: Apr 17th, 2013, 8:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1. You are sitting in your living room and for no reason you lose consciousness. When you come to, you find yourself standing and firmly tied with several ropes seemingly to a wooden pole. The night is clear but you can’t tell it’s a tall cross because you cannot even lift your head. You hear a deep voice: “I am your mysterious captor. You were brought here for my amusement. I am not allowed to discuss my unique technology. I will just say that at all times I know everything what goes on on this sand island. I will teleport you back to your living room if you guess correctly what type of a cross you’re tied to, Latin or Patriarchal. You can guess whenever you’re ready. If you make a wrong assertion, you better pray somebody finds you and rescues you. The clue is that you could be sure in your statement. Good luck.”

2. A man stopped painting Christian sacred art because he lost his faith. He falls asleep in his bed and wakes up in a cubical room, wondering how he got there. The room is well illuminated, yet he can’t tell what the source of light is. The wall frescoes are the Lamb of God, Adam, Jesus on the Cross, Saint Peter, Virgin Mary, John the Baptist and Archangel Gabriel holding a lily. He hears a seraphic voice: “The moment you touch an image with the palm of your hand, you will travel in an instant. One image leads back to your bedroom, but 6 images lead to an uninhabited island far away from civilization. This room is the clue.”

The man thinks it through and is returned to his bedroom, thinking about painting again. Which image did he touch and why?
IP Logged

gotit
Uberpuzzler

Email

Re: The Cross and Salvation  
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2013, 8:08am »

For 1, wait till morning when you can see the shadow of the cross in front of you
IP Logged

All signatures are false.
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2013, 3:04am »

One down, one more to go.
IP Logged

Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21st, 2013, 2:41am »

Saint Peter is traditionally the Gatekeeper of Heaven.

The mysterious room would be the anteroom of Heaven, where you might be redirected to Hell depending on your deeds.

You discover that the gate depicted behind Saint Peter looks very much like your bedroom door.

You decide to stop taking that stuff.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Apr 21st, 2013, 4:29am »

Repent, and thou shalt be saved.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »