wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Earthtanica »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:59pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: Icarus, Grimbal, towr, SMQ, william wu, ThudnBlunder, Eigenray)
   Earthtanica
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Earthtanica  (Read 357 times)
alien2
Uberpuzzler

Earthtanica  
« on: Nov 3rd, 2017, 6:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The riddle takes place on a moon called Earthtanica. Two weremoles start digging each a straight tunnel at a constant speed of 10 miles per hour. Contact is unavoidable when – annihilation will occur, and energy will be released, forwhy one mole happens to be made of antimatter. They are distant from one another 9 miles. And yet, when an hour elapses, they do not collide and there is no explosion. There were neither obstacles between them nor anything else that would hinder their advancement. Explain. If You can.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2017, 6:07pm by alien2 » IP Logged

Arne

Welcome

Re: Earthtanica  
« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2017, 11:11am »

Are they digging in the direction of each other?
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 7th, 2017, 1:00pm »

Well, it says contact is unavoidable, so I'd assume they're at least both going in the direction of the same point. But when their paths will cross is hard to say.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #3 on: Nov 8th, 2017, 2:23am »

So what are you tying to say? That I, a mysterious alien, all of a sudden, am rather shallow and transparent?! That's it! I am taking a human form. From now on, know this - - - I am among you, and there is nooooooo way to tell, who exactly am I. For all you know, I just might be - - - You! And when you is me, and me is you, oh, what a wonderful world this is! Don't you agree?!  

I see aliens green, red communists too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the UFO crash site

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of earthlings going by
I see interspecies shaking hands saying how do you do
But they're really saying I love you.

I hear alien babies cry, and I watched them grow green
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know  
Yes, I think to myself what a wonderful world.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2017, 2:47am by alien2 » IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #4 on: Nov 9th, 2017, 10:27am »

I think soon, when I receive MRI result, I will have proof of my illness, a type of neuropathy and, in my opinion, though it does not count for I am no doctor per se and w/o diploma + a bum, I will be soon paralyzed or mayhap become member of UK Parkinson's Disease Society. I sense this is my end, dead or alive, doesn't matter, end of my hands, with which I will not be able to write anymore, not riddles, not poetry, not stories, one of which was supposed to be about my mother who died out of breast cancer. But, all this is academic. What to say to someone with adios prognosis? In the end, it is better to be healthy AND a doctor, even though they say doctors are not very popular, and that health is a major catalysts for many wars nowadays, that is to say, the Great War, World War III that is camouflaged into so-called little wars like a crown of a Tree of death that grows on the ashes of what once was humanity also little things likewise kind words that, to me, are more valuable than gold (excepting riddles, of course).  

Towr, You, Grimbal, other members of this fine community, my nihilist father, and Heinrich Heine, the greatest poet of all time, because I am a competitive type, were my greatest inspiration, my guiding star for my poetry book Chronus which, I hope, will be published after I am gone, having recession in mind. As per my prose projects, I think it is over. I never stood a chance, always being physically weak also having certain mind deficiencies. My advice is that, if you need an advice, you are doomed, not capable of surviving in Darwin's world. And, the best investment is that in your own grave in a cemetery called Earth. I will miss you all, and maybe we will meet again in the First universe, the universe of peace; but God was pregnant with the Second universe, curious about the dark and chaotic systems, that were fully understood by Him thanks to crucifixion of our Lord, his Son. The Third universe belongs to the Devil, and both God and the Devil are a major influence on OUR universe, forwhy salvation is in the Cross, because if you think otherwise, then you think you are invulnerable, untouchable, but that is a trait only of God. Embrace the Cross that is branching into all known crosses.  

I am scared, and not so scared, but my last wish is quick death if - - - my condition deteriorates more, for help is no help if it prolongs your suffering. Sorry for this closure, IF that is what it is, but I can't stop shaking like a leaf and crying after my mother died particularly now that my destiny is probably similar to hers. This is alien2, the poet number 1 of this century, because I used to be a competitive type, even though I write in Croatian which, I think, probably because of prejudice and my lack of school education, is alongside with English, a universal language regarding poetry (e.g. the poem by Yeats, When You Are Old, sounds even better to me translated into Croatian by a certain translator). Goodbye and I wish that you wish for health if you ever catch a leprechaun - just in case. There is no meaning of life. The only meaning one could ever find lies in the claws of - Death, not this life. Death is a transformation, that is to say, we are walking cocoons who transform into skeletons, because who can say, and with certainty, that the world of fantasy is not real, and that THIS world is not a true dream world? This means that we were pure souls before we were conceived, souls who were made by fabric of dreams and then turned into walking cocoons, cursed by an evil witch. My greatest casualty will be undoubtedly and unavoidably my mind which, at least some, found interesting.    
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2017, 10:53am by alien2 » IP Logged

towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10th, 2017, 12:40am »

I don't really know what to say. Hoping that it's not that bad seems a bit late. And saying goodbye seems premature.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10th, 2017, 4:46am »

I need not doctors to tell me that - - - I am a goner. I can feel it; and the variety of symptoms are absolutely horrible. I take it you DO have feelings? If so, send me a $1.000.000 check from Netherlands to make me suffering less painful and ease me pain. Rob a bank if you have too, dammit. I am dying here! And then take your check and eat it. There. I feel much better know. At least for a short while. The last thing I need on me deathbed is an ironic, cynical and intelligent man. Send me a moron instead. Please!    
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2017, 4:53am by alien2 » IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10th, 2017, 8:54am »

on Nov 10th, 2017, 12:40am, towr wrote:
I don't really know what to say. (...)

That is a noble trait. Never lose that, honesty, that is. Btw, when you are clueless, that is the beginning of wisdom likewise stuff of scientific progress, forwhy then, and only then, you seek out and explore new possibilities that are endless like the universe and uniocean we all are part of. As you can see, I feel a bit better now. But tomorrow is another day.  

Don't worry 'bout this neuropathy and whatnot towr. You will always be me champion, even after I am gone.  

I know all about reverse psychology. I made it up thanks bilocation, reincarnation and magic, the science we do not yet understand and yet, we use it in many, many written books. Mayhap magic will never leave the confines of books, being prisoner of papers in this world of bureaucracy.  
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2017, 10:05am by alien2 » IP Logged

dudiobugtron
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #8 on: Nov 16th, 2017, 1:33pm »

on Nov 10th, 2017, 4:46am, alien2 wrote:
The last thing I need on me deathbed is an ironic, cynical and intelligent man. Send me a moron instead. Please!

You called? Smiley

I think that there is no explosion after an hour because There was an explosion much sooner than that.  If they are digging a hole in the same moon, then it doesn't matter (no pun intended) what the moon is made of, since the explosion will happen instantly.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17th, 2017, 7:48am »

No more morons! No more! Towr, come back! COME BACK!

What is me last wish, you ask, while I'm dying on me deathbed? Well allow me to tell You. I want no genius, and not at all a moron. No sir. Compromise will do. A mixture of the two, if you will. So, just merge on a molecular level thanks to biosynthesis and become - - - Dud'owr! Alright!
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2017, 1:24am by alien2 » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »