wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Broken Mirror V »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 6:25am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what happened
(Moderators: towr, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Eigenray, Grimbal, Icarus)
   Broken Mirror V
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Broken Mirror V  (Read 741 times)
dudiobugtron
Uberpuzzler

Re: Broken Mirror V  
« Reply #25 on: Dec 10th, 2017, 4:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It seems like the mirror is broken in a way initially imperceptible to the friend.  But then the friend works out how it is actually broken, without 'moving an inch' - meaning he doesn't change his viewing angle, dislodge the mirror, shine a torch light on it, etc etc...

So this means he has to actually have been able to tell how the mirror is broken all along.  Perhaps then The reflective surface of the mirror is not broken, but part of the wooden surround is broken in some way - perhaps chipped a little bit so it was hard to notice unless you thought to look for it.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #26 on: Dec 10th, 2017, 11:34pm »

on Dec 10th, 2017, 4:06pm, dudiobugtron wrote:
It seems like the mirror is broken in a way initially imperceptible to the friend. (...)

It is.

on Dec 10th, 2017, 4:06pm, dudiobugtron wrote:

(...) Perhaps then The reflective surface of the mirror is not broken, but part of the wooden surround is broken in some way - perhaps chipped a little bit so it was hard to notice unless you thought to look for it.

Keep thinking along those lines. And remember. There is an omitted detail. Mirror is broken here (not the way you think though). But, that IS what riddles the hell out of you at the moment.

« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2017, 7:12am by alien2 » IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #27 on: Dec 12th, 2017, 4:00am »

That's it! I will now say the answer. Okay I will not. But, you have 'bout a weak at ur disposal. Think fast. Think 'F' fast.

Btw, I am not Nostradamus but, I predict, that, dudiobugtron will be the one to solve this riddle. So go ahead. Make my day, punk. Not to worry. Instead of .44 Remington Magnum I've but a pen. I mean, but a keyboard.
IP Logged

Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #28 on: Dec 14th, 2017, 8:03am »

It says "made for Nasa, project Hubble".
Obviously it wasn't sent to the space telescope, which means it has a defect.  Not visible to the naked eye but unacceptable to an astronomer.  And the fact that it is lying there without any special protection shows it is not fit to be used in a telescope.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #29 on: Dec 14th, 2017, 10:02am »

Huh?
IP Logged

dudiobugtron
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #30 on: Dec 14th, 2017, 4:09pm »

The glass is unbroken, but the reflective surface behind it has been removed.  So its actually just a window, not a mirror.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #31 on: Dec 14th, 2017, 11:25pm »

No. Glass IS broken. I cannot say more or else I'd reveal  to much and spoil you a cute riddle. And don't  you forget Klendathu and . . . AN OMITTED DETAIL.
IP Logged

Grimbal
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #32 on: Dec 18th, 2017, 7:54am »

The mirror is supposed to return an identical image of the subject.
But the friend notices that the watch he is wearing on the left hand is on the right hand in the reflection.  And the clock is running counterclockwise.
It is obviously on old mirror that starts to be sloppy on details.
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #33 on: Dec 18th, 2017, 11:00am »

Nice material for a nice fantastic story. Not the answer to this riddle though. Not at all close.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »