wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - women - big problem »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:11am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: towr, ThudnBlunder, SMQ, Eigenray, Grimbal, Icarus, william wu)
   women - big problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  9 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: women - big problem  (Read 28971 times)
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

"Double click on 'Yes'... Hey!"

Re: women - big problem  
« Reply #125 on: Jul 18th, 2007, 6:58pm »

And oh... it gets better and better on the Puzzlecracker thing... the post from June 14th on the "How to start a convo w/ a woman" topic was plagairized too. (From the same site...)
You would think he would know better than to try and get away with it long term when he is on a forum full of people who research everything...
I guess I found out though how a guy who, less than a year ago, asked "Geeks, chime in with ideas that has been working for you..." suddenly became so "expert" and gained so much "experience"...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2007, 7:00pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

Men have become the tools of their tools

« Reply #126 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 8:27am »

I wasn't a s*xist before I understood women. There was a time when I was blissfully ignorant.

I grew up watching Disney cartoons, I believed in romance and "true love conquers all" etc. I wanted to find a woman who could be my equal, my partner. I believed in finding that one true love and being committed to each other forever. You know, like in the marriage vows, "for better or for worse, through sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer" etc. And I believed that women basically wanted the same thing. Now I understand that this was only possible when society was structured to enforce it. Now that women are "liberated" (and thus at the mercy of their own emotions and baser instincts) this is mostly no longer possible in today's society. Victorian society, or many Arab societies, are examples of how society used to be structured to keep women as faithful as possible.

I'd like to point out that I am not a misogynist...I love women. But I AM a s*xist, in the sense that I believe women are vastly different than men and, according to the standards that men hold for other men, women are inferior as well.

I must be a bitter loser, right? In fact, I enjoy more success with women than most of the men in this city. I have slept with over 200 women in my life. I am sleeping with 5 different women right now. They are all normal, healthy, well-adjusted, good-looking (8+ on the looks scale) professional women. (At least as normal and healthy and well-adjusted as women can be - most women have issues.) But that's not all. I can go out any night of the week and pick up a woman. I can pick her up in front of all her friends (with 80% efficiency for each approach.) Women will slip me their phone number when their boyfriend is in the bathroom. I can talk to women on the street or in the grocery store and within 30 minutes, I can usually have s*x with them right there in my car or get them back to my place. If I have to settle for a phone number, and I meet her on another day, assuming she doesn't flake, I WILL f*ck her that next day.

Let me point out right now that my Modus Operandi doesn't change in the slightest if she single or if she has a boyfriend or husband. I just do my normal routine and I f*ck her. Sometimes she brings up the boyfriend so she won't feel guilty when I f*ck her because now it's "my fault." Sometimes she hides it from me until after I've f*cked her, then she admits it. I can't tell you how many times I've been laying next to some chic k, all sweaty cause I just finished busting a nut all over her face or in her mouth or on her back, and suddenly her phone rings and she's on the phone with her man, giving him some bullsh*t story. This is with NO GUILT WHATSOEVER!!! The sweetest most innocent girls you ever laid eyes on, will cheat at the drop of a HAT. The one thing that most men value most - loyalty - is just not there with women. Women don't think in terms of honor, women don't say "word is bond;" women are basically emotionally driven. If they feel it, they do it, period. Then they rationalize it to themselves later. Nothing is more meaningful, or compelling, to a woman than (1) the way she feels and (2) learning more about her own inner self and having emotional realizations. That's why women love astrology, chic k flicks, soap operas, stupid Cosmo quizzes that supposedly reveal info about yourself, etc.

I must be really good looking, right? NOPE. My looks are marginal; I'm maybe a 7. I don't work out (though I'm not fat or anything.) In fact I didn't have any success with women until I was in my early 20's. That's when I decided to go out a lot and start trying to get *laid... I was willing to face rejection a thousand times a night, and do it over and over, trying everything, until I got it right. I had to completely set my ego aside. I didn't get laid at all for the first few months. Then every now and then. Then pretty often. Then downright consistently! I'm in my early 30's now and I am basically a s*xual god. I wouldn't have even believed this were possible when I was in high school. The ONLY factor that determined whether a woman would cheat was my own skill level. When my skills were poor, women sh*t all over me. (Everyone knows how women think they have license to be rude b*tches in social situations... in fact I understand and appreciate that behavior now.) But once my skills got good, I could f*ck just about anyone's wife or girlfriend. And many times I didn't know they had a man until after I f*cked them.

Look, I'm not saying that men are perfect, or whatever. Far from it. I'm just saying, I've spent a lot of my time studying women and interacting with them, and I know how they are. In fact, sometimes I hate knowing it. Sometimes I wish I had taken the blue pill, and never went down the rabbit ho le, because now there's really no going back. I didn't want to believe these things... but how could I ever get married now? How could I ever be the chump who pays for everything and blissfully goes through life not worrying about his woman because he trusts her? Look, would you leave your dog alone with a steak? You can't hate the dog for doing what's in its nature. You can't trust a dog, BUT you can trust a dog to BE a dog. Some men are disloyal... but I could *never* trust a woman to be loyal. Some men are bad presidents...but I could *never* vote for a woman to be president. I can rarely expect a woman to regard her own promises as more important and compelling to her than the emotions she feels in the moment. She will rationalize it to herself later.

Here's an interesting fact. Did you know that the median 22 year old woman has TWICE as much s ex as the median 22 year old man? You might ask, how is that possible? If a woman's having s ex, doesn't that mean a man is having s ex at the same time? And thus, shouldn't men be having just as much s ex as women? NO...because most men hardly get l aid, or if they do, it's because they "got lucky." But a small group of men get l aid ALL THE TIME, and f*ck LOTS AND LOTS of women! It's evolution at work. Women follow their emotions, and that leads them to sleep with men like me (who know how to control female emotions.) Women want the top man...so the top man f*cks lots of women. That's right - the s*xual revolution, feminism, etc has resulted in a return to harems. Women, at the mercy of their own emotions, are volunteering for the modern-day equivalent of harems. Lucky for me!! Heh.

You might say, "But...but...I'm so nice! I'm a nice guy!" Guess what? That's like a f at chic k saying, "But I'm so smart!" As if those things have anything in the world to do  continue here: http://ladderwiki.com/wiki/Are_You_Beta
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2007, 8:38am by puzzlecracker » IP Logged

While we are postponing, life speeds by
pex
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #127 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 8:35am »

Here we go again... This site calls puzzlecracker's most recent post a part of "a straight-talking post that was controversially posted across half of usenet in 2003". Of course, we do not know for sure whether puzzlecracker is the same person who posted it at the time - we can only make some educated guesses, based on recent experience...

Edit: after I posted, puzzlecracker added the same reference to the end of his post, in the middle of a sentence. At least it's better than not mentioning the source at all - though his post is still, at best, useless.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2007, 8:46am by pex » IP Logged
mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

A rich man is one who is content; not wealthy.

« Reply #128 on: Aug 1st, 2007, 1:53am »

Quote:
I wasn't a s*xist before I understood women. There was a time when I was blissfully ignorant.

it seems you still are.
IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

« Reply #129 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 2:03pm »

I haven't posted in awhile. I have been collecting interesting ideas about dating, attraction, sex from a score of gurus in the field of social dynamics. I hope you pardon a mixture of ideas garbled together on various, but related, themes (I don;t have time to organize it). I encourage questions and comments:

----------------------

I took a big gulp of courage and I said "You are so  
animalistic, just like a horse. Whinny like a horse!"

I continued "Oh yeah Baby, make like a horse! You are getting fcked like an animal!"

My next girlfriend had no interest in horses, but she  
did like to be animalistic. I altered what I said to fit  
the situation. It worked amazingly well.

"How do you feel about being dominant? Are you  
comfortable with that?"

The horndog would reply with: "Oh yeah, Baby, I'll give it to you good! I'll give ya something you can ride."

Turn off!

But the sensual lover would reply: "How do you feel  
about being submissive? Are you comfortable with  
surrendering to your strong man?"

"What's your favorite position?"

The horndog would reply with: "I'd bend you over and  give ya the big one Baby."

But the sensual lover would reply: "That depends."hen she asks for clarification, he would reply: "There  is a time and place for everything. When we are feeling  close and sensual, we would enjoy missionary as we gaze  
deeply into each others eyes. (Gaze deeply into her eyes.) And when 'you feel naughty and horny', it is time  for doggy to be ruthlessly expressive."

When he spoke, it was with an authoritative tone that said "I  know what I'm talking about, and if you truly want to go  down the path, I can show you the way"

"mmmm baby I love how wet your  little pvssy gets for me"

Can you look down and see that  hard co.ck sliding in your pvssy?"

I love her to be my naughty lit.tle girl tonight

So hug your inner child and tell him that
everything is going to be OK before I verbally
abuse him...

When you said, "I'm sorry", what she HEARD was
"Uh oh, I just screwed up. I'd better say
something quick to fix this. I will put aside my
own wants and desires, and say whatever you want
to hear in hopes that you'll like me and give me
attention and approval".

f she says something that indicates that she's
not happy with you or your behavior, PAUSE.

Don't respond. Stay still. Keep the mouth shut
and the brain operating.

If you have to, run everything through your
mental "Wussy Analyzer".

Decide if the response you're going to give her
is to get her approval, and if it is, STOP.

Don't do things that hand over the power in the
relationship. Don't let the things a woman says
shake you emotionally.

"Why do you look so serious, are you trying to scare people away. I know inside of
you there's a nice girl that's just dying to come out.

Walk over and make fun of her because it's
obvious that she didn't have enough money to pay
her phone bill and when she tried to call you back
she found that her phone was disconnected but that
it's nothing to be ashamed of and you'll take pity
on her and buy her some ramen noodle soup while
she's broke and hungry.

"So what do you want to be when you grow up?
(you can say this with a smile)"

"What are your dreams?"

"What is your perfect day?"

"If you could go anywhere in the world on a fun
vacation for two weeks, where would you go?"

REMEMBER, it's very important that you truly
listen when she's speaking. Women are all adept
at spotting insincerity and incongruence, so
silence your mind stare deep into her eyes and
digest every word she says. Believe me it will
pay you to listen. It can be the hardest and
easiest thing to do at the same time.

The key to comfort is having both the self
confidence and self comfort to be who YOU are.
As you let go of fear, people instantly become
more comfortable around you because your
presence allays rather than enhances their own
fears and insecurities.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2007, 5:25pm by puzzlecracker » IP Logged

puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

« Reply #130 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 2:04pm »

continue from previous post:  

In fact, if most of us could just get a
realistic look at how much we're trying to read
women's minds and act in a way that pleases women,
we'd BITCH-SLAP ourselves silly and we'd mentally
yell to ourselves "HEY, WAKE UP!"

So you say, "Hey, do me a favor. I'll let you
go in front of me if you order my drink for me.
All the bar tenders are guys, and they'll give you
more attention than they'll give me, OK? I don't
usually use women just for their bodies this early
on in the relationship, but in this case I'm going
to make an exception".

You then say, "But I'm not going to let you pay
for it, OK? I don't want you thinking that I'm
easy and that I'll give you my number or come home
with you just because you paid for my drink."

The solution is to use a little technique
called behaving AS IF she's single, available, and
interesting.

You must learn to overcome your initial self-
doubt and your doubts about a woman, and behave AS IF every woman you start talking to is SINGLE and
AS IF she's going to be THE ONE, MOST INTERESTING
AND WONDERFUL WOMAN EVER.

aid those words, the more she got turned on. I
made her literally "wait" for her orgasm and
associated my "come for me now baby... come for me like the real slvt you are" as the command she should come. Now, all I do is just suck on her nipples and when she is aroused, I say the phrase and she immediately orgasms!! She said something about "electricity passing through the body" effect!!!

Push her and pull her. Say things to pull her in  
and let her know you're into her then push her  
away. She needs and wants to feel the rush of  
the emotional roller coaster.

-"You're amazing! Get away from me."

-"You're a smart ass! I love you."

-"You're adorable, I bet you're a slob when  
 you eat."

In the game of attraction it's always important
to be the one wanted and needed. Turn the tables
and flip the script.

-Let her know you're going to be the one who
     needs to be bought a drink.

-Call her out on being too aggressive.
     Jokingly tell her you only kiss on the  
     first date because you're tired of being
     taken advantage of.

-Let her know how high maintenance you are.  

Using this line from your
book I say, "Excuse me, I noticed you when I
walked in, and I just had to find out what you
were like." She says, "Really?" Shocked and
flattered. After some small talk I asked if she
was seeing anyone. Nope. "Do you have email? Oh,
write your number down there too." She does and

When you see that girl again, walk up to her
and say, "You know, I feel bad about this... but I
just can't be with a girl who doesn't even know
her own email address".

What a woman thinks of you is HER business, not
yours.

This is the kind of thinking that keeps you
from becoming the man that YOU want to be... and
keeps you trying to please other people... women
in this case.

I was standing at the bar trying to
order drinks when a girl bumps in to me very
slightly. I turn to her and as seriously as I
could said, "If you wanted to meet me you could've
just said hi, you didn't have to be violent about
it..."(Yes I stole it from you - but it was
perfect in this situation) At this she started
laughing and grabbed my arm and said "oh yes" in a
playful sarcastic way.  Right then my friend came
up (who is a natural with the ladies) and started
talking to me, so I ignored her for a bit as she
was now sitting next to me.  So I turn back to the
bar to order my drinks and she says, "Hey you
don't want me to have to get violent here now do
you?"  I look at her and say, "You know I think we
got off on the wrong foot, my name is ______, and
as soon as you apologize everything will be fine."
She couldn't believe it and said, "ME APOLOGIZEHuh
You're a cocky feisty one aren't you!  I think you
should apologize to me!"  To which I said, "I
wouldn't hold my breath honey."  So after about 30
more seconds of chit chat I tell her I have to go
meet my friends and I ask for the digits.  Well
she says, "I don't even know you.  We haven't had
the chance to talk - I can't just give you my
number." So at this point I say, "Well I've got to
go and you're right we don't know each other right
now and to do that we have to talk more and in the
year 2005 we use phones to talk to each other."
She comes back and says, "I don't know what type
of relationships you've had before..."  At which
point I stop her dead and say, "Whoa, who said
anything about a relationshipHuh I'm outta here!"
So I turn to leave and she grabs me by my arm
tells me to wait and gives me her number.
then asks me if I was available that night! I say,
"No, I'm on my way out of town, but I'll call
you."

When she was fully nak.ed I threw her on the bed and  fingered her deep spot. When I started to go faster I  asked if she wanted to come. I asked how badly does she  want to come for me. I asked her if she wants me to make  her come and she started shouting how badly she wants to  come for me.
IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #131 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 5:54pm »

Seems like ima1trkpny is not the only one-trick pony around here.
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #132 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 6:02pm »

*considers retrograding peristalsis*  
How long is it going to take you to figure out that no one here values your opinion on such matters? Worse even, those aren't even YOUR opinions or experiences but (allegedly, assuming they aren't completely fictitious) those of others whom you've not credited once again. (No big suprise there really...)
I have to say I truly feel sorry for you  Undecided to be so cynical as to think no one could actually love you. Must be an awful feeling... I hope some day you meet someone special, and maybe just maybe you will be man enough to realize that partnership (a symbiotic relationship where you take turns, each having your own specialties, areas of expertise, and times to be in control) is far more enjoyable than having to be in control at all times in order to feel secure. A truly secure person is one who, while they are capable of being in charge of the situation, is comfortable enough in their own abilities to not always need to be bragging and trying to convince others how powerful they are.
Maybe one day you will understand this... hopefully it won't be too late. Best of wishes, -1trk
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #133 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 7:06pm »

Wow, you must be a really masterful lover.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2007, 7:09pm by JiNbOtAk » IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #134 on: Sep 13th, 2007, 9:32pm »

on Sep 13th, 2007, 7:06pm, JiNbOtAk wrote:

LOL... amen JiNbOtAk... I didn't even go to the trouble of searching it out... there was no way it could be his original ideas  Roll Eyes

on Sep 13th, 2007, 5:54pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:
Seems like ima1trkpny is not the only one-trick pony around here.

And hey... I have many talents...  Tongue
My name just happens to be 1trk because I'm a grand prix dressage rider in my spare time.  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2007, 9:37pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #135 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 1:11am »

on Sep 13th, 2007, 9:32pm, ima1trkpny wrote:
My name just happens to be 1trk because I'm a grand prix dressage rider in my spare time.  Grin

And what is that ? ( Seriously, I've never heard of a grand prix dressage rider before ).
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
towr
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #136 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 2:24am »

I suppose it is more sociable to ask, but nevertheless, there's also wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_Dressage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressage
(The first page is rather sparse on the subject. But grand prix just means "big prize", i.e. competition at the highest level.)
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #137 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 7:55am »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 1:11am, JiNbOtAk wrote:

And what is that ? ( Seriously, I've never heard of a grand prix dressage rider before ).

It is what is left of medieval cavalry training. Now it is a bit more refined then the chaos of battle so it is easiest to think of it like horsey ballet. The whole purpose is to create an athletic horse ready to respond instantly and a harmonious partnership with as nearly invisible communication as possible. I will put in a link later (the computer I am currently on blocks a bunch of stuff) but if you are interested go to youtube.com and search for Helgstrand and Blue Hors Matine... a pretty good example of an Olympic caliber freestyle.
IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #138 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 9:17am »

Is it an an expensive hobby?
Is it any different from show-jumping dressage?
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #139 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 1:11pm »

on Sep 13th, 2007, 7:06pm, JiNbOtAk wrote:

And an elite mate

Any other sources?
IP Logged
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #140 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 2:30pm »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 9:17am, ThudanBlunder wrote:
Is it an an expensive hobby?
Is it any different from show-jumping dressage?  

It tends to be an expensive hobby, but plenty of people do it on a tight budget (including myself). I train my own horse and have been fortunate enough to get to learn and work for some of the best in the business. Another thing that has served me well over the years was that I started out as a child grooming for people... so now when I go showing, when I don't need to be riding, I can work for other people grooming and braiding manes (nothing difficult... but to a lot of the people in the show world it is irritating, so they have no problem paying me for it) and I can generally make at least enough to cover my showing expenses. I am plenty qualified to be a professional trainer, but I never wanted it to be a business for me... can't stand some of the ethics (or lack thereof) some people demonstrate in order to get a 39cent piece of ribbon. So I have a day job and can then afford to be choosy about who I teach. (Sorry, that was probably way more info than you wanted...  Tongue ) But yes, it is entirely possible to do very well even on a budget if you are willing to put in the elbow grease. And men tend to be very very good(probably has to do with the fact that your anatomy makes it impossible to get away with sitting incorrectly)...  so if any of you guys ever take up an interest let me know and I will set you up with someone. We always need more men in the sport!  Grin
This is showjumping. (Only the first 1:30 is footage... after that it is just continued music from the probably inexperienced movie editor) Generally in some sort of arena with fences that come down if you knock into them, like poles, etc. The other type of jumping is cross country, which is hands down the most dangerous (but also the most fun) due to it being tremendously long with solid fences that will break you instead of breaking when you occasionally collide with them (and the only one Britain can still keep up with the U.S. and Germany in...  Tongue rather unfortunate from a country that used to right at the top). Dressage is sort of the "college" of riding, it is about the perfection of communication and is probably the most mentally demanding of the horse in the sense of being taught what every little movement of the rider's body is supposed to mean. Here is the promised Dressage freestyle. The music is pretty good (though unfortunately dressage tends to be a little stuck up and generally have very boring music >.< )and besides a few awkward transitions due to some inexperience... very good. One of these days I'll get some of mine up on youtube.
I apoligize in advance as I probably just gave you way more information than you wanted... but that is what tends to happen when people get me talking about my favorite past time  Grin Hope you maybe enjoyed a little bit of it.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2007, 2:55pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #141 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 3:31pm »

Thank you for your fulsome reply, iama1trkpny. It must be great having such a close relationship with the horses.

But you cannot be unaware that show-jumping also has a dressage element; at least it does in the Olympics.  

Do you guys look down on the show-jumping guys when it comes to dressage?  Tongue

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2007, 3:43pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #142 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 3:54pm »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 3:31pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:

But you cannot be unaware that show-jumping also has a dressage element; at least it does in the Olympics.  

Do you guys look down on the show-jumping guys when it comes to dressage?  Tongue

As far as I know (and I just researched) there is no Dressage phase in Show Jumping.  

Combined Training (or Eventing as it is also called) the Burghley horse trials is one example. Is the "horse triathlon", one phase dressage, one phase cross country, and one final phase of show jumping.

And yes, as a general rule the dressage world is irritatingly elitest... it is my specialty 1)because I'm good at it and 2) because of the relative scarcity of cross country courses in the immediate vicinity. I don't look down on 3-day eventers... in fact they are some of my favorite horse people because they have such a no bullsh*t attitude as opposed to the finicky dressage people who think they are going to die if they leave an arena. I do feel though that they often do only what is the minimum required to be able to make it through the phase so they can get on to the more fun stuff like xcountry, thus the reason when I do event I very rarely lose... they can't catch me after the Dressage because I spend so much time on it. The level of dressage in eventing is also much lower. Just like in human triathlons, the athletes are all-arounders so they aren't expected to be as good in individual discipline as someone who specializes.  

But any really good rider (which pretty much everyone at the Olympics or upper levels is) will be quite proficient at the dressage basics, because as I said it is the foundation of riding. "Only a pair that works well on the ground will work well above it."

*shakes head* What a bizarre topic leap...  Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2007, 4:00pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #143 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 4:05pm »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 3:54pm, ima1trkpny wrote:

.. in fact they are some of my favorite horse people because they have such a no bullsh*t attitude as opposed to the finicky dressage people who think they are going to die if they leave an arena.

Reminds me of the fox-and-hounds brigade over here. Besides being elitist, they believe they have a God-given right to hunt animals to death in the name of 'sport'. Likewise for the Spaniards who love bull 'fighting'. And the people who shoot defenceless birds for dinner would probably drop their guns and run for their worthless lives if confronted by a man-eater on safari.

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2007, 4:07pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #144 on: Sep 14th, 2007, 4:18pm »

on Sep 14th, 2007, 4:05pm, ThudanBlunder wrote:

Reminds me of the fox-and-hounds brigade over here. Besides being elitist, they believe they have a God-given right to hunt animals to death in the name of 'sport'. Likewise for the Spaniards who love bull 'fighting'. And the people who shoot defenceless birds for dinner would probably drop their guns and run for their worthless lives if confronted by a man-eater on safari.

Yeah... it is commonly said in the Dressage world that a Dressage rider would rather let you sleep with their husband than ride their horse. These same people also often put crystals in their horses water buckets to "balance their energy" and a whole bunch of other crap... What gets me is the hypocracy... this is what is left of BATTLE TRAINING... i.e. the horse shouldn't be flipping out about a crowd or something floating past on the breeze and the rider should be able to control their mount, unlike a particularly nasty "Queen of the Kur" who quite literally began trying to run her horse into people in an effort to stop him when he took off with her at the World Equestrian Games. But then what do I know... I only did the half-time show at my high school homecoming game with my first horse with fireworks, capes, and the whole nine-yards. But then again there are some really really wonderful people mixed in (some of whom I was fortunate to come across... my mentor/honorary other mother included... who are generous of their time and experience in teaching others. I remember once at a show, there was a girl who was maybe all of 8 and she was just standing by the side of the warm up area drooling over the horses. I couldn't stop thinking about how much she reminded me of how I used to act when I was the little kid wanting to ride. So I asked if she would like to sit on my GP horse and maybe walk around a bit... you should have seen the look on her face... she looked like I was offering her the world. I don't think I have ever seen someone look so happy. The stuck up nature of some of the dressage world is probably what irritates me the most, these are horses, not china dolls. Yes, you need to be careful because they are accident prone but that doesn't mean you have to be a b*tch about it and treat the volunteers who make the shows run and the spectators (the life blood of the sport) like they are worthless.

Eventers are great. They have that "never say 'die'!" attitude and are really fabulous horsemen in the care of their mounts. I will admit they are slightly crazy though  Grin nobody in their right mind would gallop up to some of those fences with out at least a bit of apprehension.  

I've never participated in a hunt. Over here the most you get is a mock or drag hunt assuming you have the room. The East Coast has some, but they are all non-kill hunts.  

Admittedly, I'm not a veggie (and don't plan on becoming one... God gave me these k-9s for a reason...) but I agree in that I don't like drawing it out. If you are going to kill something for food, do it, don't scare the living daylights out of it first.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2007, 1:10pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

mikedagr8
Uberpuzzler

A rich man is one who is content; not wealthy.

« Reply #145 on: Sep 15th, 2007, 1:16am »

Quote:
Admittedly, I'm not a veggie (and don't plan on becoming one... God gave me these k-9s for a reason...) but I agree in that I don't like drawing it out. If you are going to kill something for food, do it, don't scare the living daylights out of it first.

Which is why when I go fishing, I kill the fish in the most humane way I know. I stab it in the brain, and it dies instantly. Then I carve it up and eat on the fire. Mmmm, beach fired fish. Grin
IP Logged

"It's not that I'm correct, it's that you're just not correct, and so; I am right." - M.P.E.
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #146 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 1:28am »

on Sep 15th, 2007, 1:16am, mikedagr8 wrote:

Which is why when I go fishing, I kill the fish in the most humane way I know. I stab it in the brain, and it dies instantly. Then I carve it up and eat on the fire. Mmmm, beach fired fish. Grin

Mmmmm... fish sounds good. Unfortunately I can't eat it  Cry (allergic) *sighs* rather unfair really...
But anyway, man we really got off topic on this thread...  Undecidedsorry if I made a tad of a mess  Embarassed
IP Logged

SMQ
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #147 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 5:42am »

on Oct 1st, 2007, 1:28am, ima1trkpny wrote:
But anyway, man we really got off topic on this thread...

Well, we always have puzzlecracker to keep us on topic. Roll Eyes Grin

--SMQ
IP Logged

--SMQ

puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

« Reply #148 on: May 4th, 2008, 10:36am »

This infamous post appeared on the craigslist awhile back.  

NYC style gold diggers
----------------------------

ORIGINAL INQUIRY
THIS APPEARED ON CRAIG'S LIST

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York . I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City , so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a  roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have
nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they
hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-431649184:
I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a cr@ppy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is very likely
that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were
to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2008, 10:38am by puzzlecracker » IP Logged

ThudnBlunder
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #149 on: May 28th, 2008, 8:24pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:31am, towr wrote:

So in summary; be yourself, qba'g nfx gurz gb fvg ba lbhe snpr, move on, and use mind control..

Wait.. That doesn't sound right..

V erzrzore na vagreivrj jvgu gung jryy-xabja Oevgvfu uryy-envfre, Byvire Errq. Ur jnf nfxrq nobhg Xrvgu Zbba, sbezreyl qehzzre sbe Gur Jub naq nabgure crefba lbh jbhyqa'g jnag ba lbhe Puevfgznf pneq yvfg.  

Ur fnvq, "V'yy gryy lbh nobhg Xrvgu Zbba....bapr V tbg n cubar pnyy sebz uvz va gur zvqqyr bs gur avtug. V urneq guvf zhssyrq ibvpr fnlvat, 'Trg lbhe nefr bire urer!' Guvaxvat ur jnf gnyxvat gb zr, V qnfurq ebhaq gb Xrvgu'f cynpr bayl gb svaq uvz ylvat ba gur sybbe jvgu n Fjrqvfu zbqry fvggvat ba uvf snpr!"  

LOL

« Last Edit: May 28th, 2008, 9:54pm by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  9 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »