wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - women - big problem »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:28am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, Eigenray, william wu, towr, SMQ, Icarus)
   women - big problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  9 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: women - big problem  (Read 29002 times)
flamingdragon
Uberpuzzler

flamingdragon532
Email

Re: women - big problem  
« Reply #25 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:09pm »

lol, Mind control.  Roll Eyes

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=psychology; action=display;num=1100250651
IP Logged

"The fool doth think he is wise, yet the wise man knoweth himself to be a fool"

"He who commands the past, commands the future. He who commands the future, commands the past."
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #26 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:31am »

on Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:39pm, R0B1N wrote:
Well the problem is that she's already committed to some one else !  Cry
Then move on.
Unless that someone else is a bastard. Actually, even then, move on, cause there's nothing you can do.

Quote:
Anyways who wants to date a guy always talking about space and time complexity  Embarassed Cry
I wouldn't say there's plenty of girls that would, but certainly a few, somewhere..
But that's not your only defining feature is it? Surely there must be more to you. Note, if you pick up a foreign girl that can't understand a word you're saying, she also won't care what you're talking about.

So in summary; be yourself, qba'g nfx gurz gb fvg ba lbhe snpr, move on, and use mind control..

Wait.. That doesn't sound right..
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2006, 8:32am by towr » IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Sameer
Uberpuzzler

Pie = pi * e

« Reply #27 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:53pm »

yes, if she is committed you really can't do anything. You can either tell her how you feel or don't and move on. Yes and like towr said you cannot be talking about space and time all the time, right? you communicate with your parents, friends, etc and you do talk about something right? simple things like what is going on with each other's lives, or even having a headache can be a good conversation  Wink ...  the things I have noticed that harder you try the more you babble... that is you act more like someone else.. so in essence if you are yourself then it is easier for others to like you otherwise people are smart enought to recognize you are not genuine... good luck...
IP Logged

"Obvious" is the most dangerous word in mathematics.
--Bell, Eric Temple

Proof is an idol before which the mathematician tortures himself.
Sir Arthur Eddington, quoted in Bridges to Infinity
A

Perder todas as esperanças é liberdade!

« Reply #28 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 10:52pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:53pm, Sameer wrote:
yes, if she is committed you really can't do anything. You can either tell her how you feel or don't and move on.

Im really finding it difficult to digest this  
 Cry Cry
IP Logged

What Doesn't Kill Me Will Only Make Me Stronger
rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #29 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 7:59am »

on Dec 3rd, 2006, 10:52pm, R0B1N wrote:

Im really finding it difficult to digest this  
 Cry Cry

It's never easy.

Either tell her how you feel, or don't. Either move on or wait and see if she ever becomes available.

Waiting is a good way to end up being single the rest of your life. Without knowing her, the other guy, or their relationship, we can't tell whether you might have a chance, or are doomed to disappointment, but the odds really are not good.
IP Logged
flamingdragon
Uberpuzzler

flamingdragon532
Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 4th, 2006, 11:16am »

Of course u could always get a hitman....
IP Logged

"The fool doth think he is wise, yet the wise man knoweth himself to be a fool"

"He who commands the past, commands the future. He who commands the future, commands the past."
Three Hands
Uberpuzzler

Reucserru+Oymai

« Reply #31 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 2:45am »

One suggestion I've heard is to not fixate on only one person, unless you are actually in a relationship with them. Although it is something that is very easy to do, and probably something that most people do/have done, the theory is that you may well miss out on opportunities to actually find other people you could be happy in a relationship with.

With your situation, R0B1N, I'd support towr's advice - move on. That's not to say you can't later explore the possibility of a relationship with her later (at which point, see the suggestion of telling her how you feel), but if she's already spoken for then she's off-limits. If nothing else, think of it this way - how would you feel if you were dating her and she dumped you for one of her friends? If she dumps the guy she's seeing now for you, what does that tell you about how seriously committed she is to her relationships? Even if the relationship is on the rocks, I'd say let it end before getting involved as anything other than a friend.

In the end, though, it's a lot easier to talk about/know what to do, and a lot harder to actually do it.
IP Logged
A

Perder todas as esperanças é liberdade!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 5th, 2006, 7:39am »

well , we know each other since last 4 Years ! But she met the other person just 6 moths ago ! only difference is that he proposed first !! I'm closer to her mor than him

i dont know if i can give more details here . coz both of them are members of this site !!! ( But not active members , 0 posts and hardly visits )
IP Logged

What Doesn't Kill Me Will Only Make Me Stronger
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #33 on: Feb 7th, 2007, 5:44pm »

ROB1N, consider yourself lucky, to have known her at all. After all, you could only appreciate true love, once you've been heartbroken.

Conclusion : Move on..
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
puzzlecracker
Senior Riddler

Men have become the tools of their tools

« Reply #34 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 8:53am »

on Dec 5th, 2006, 7:39am, R0B1N wrote:
well , we know each other since last 4 Years ! But she met the other person just 6 moths ago ! only difference is that he proposed first !! I'm closer to her mor than him

i dont know if i can give more details here . coz both of them are members of this site !!! ( But not active members , 0 posts and hardly visits )

So, what should you do now?

You should give her some space. Don't call her
more than once or twice a week, and don't see her
more than once or twice a week for awhile. Don't
pressure her physically, and don't try to push for
a relationship.

DATE OTHER WOMEN! Get out there and go out with
some other women... and when you talk to her don't
hide the fact that you're doing it. Be casual
about it, but feel free to mention it in
conversation once or twice.

GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE

Don't get hung up, don't obsess about her, and
don't make it important to "win her back". Just
move on.

This combination will give you the greatest
chance of winning her back...

And the next time you meet a beautiful woman
that has an interesting personality, DON'T TURN
INTO A PREDICTABLE, BORING, CLINGY, WUSSY!
IP Logged

While we are postponing, life speeds by
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #35 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 5:50pm »

Hey, it was never written in life's rule book that you would always get the person that you fall in love with..rite ? Even if you do, there's no guarantee that you'll be happy with him/her, rite ?
IP Logged

BiBiBiMan

« Reply #36 on: May 11th, 2007, 8:42am »

Sergey Brin? Smiley)
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #37 on: May 11th, 2007, 1:44pm »

on Dec 1st, 2006, 8:02am, R0B1N wrote:
GUYS ! Please  give some more tips  Grin Grin

What if the same girl is good friend of yours ?  Wink Lips Sealed Grin

If you find her attractive, break-up the friendship right away. If she is ugly as sin, break-up the friendship only if she has beautiful money. And finally, if she hasn't got a lot of money, plus she's ugly, don't break-up the friendship.  

IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

"Double click on 'Yes'... Hey!"

« Reply #38 on: May 23rd, 2007, 4:28pm »

LOL... men... some of you had good ideas... but others had no clue Grin puzzlecracker had some good advice, DON'T be an ass kisser cause most of us find it disgusting, but that doesn't mean you can't be thoughtful and considerate. We read a lot into the little things, so little things like holding the door for her, etc will be noticed and appreciated (if she doesn't say thank you dump her!). If she is already engaged don't be really in-your-face forward because you will really start a mess if you are obvious about it. Just be there as a friend for her and the subtle things you do for her will demonstrate your affections. I can't be specific about a woman I have never met, but if it were me, I would pick the person who was my closest friend because at the end of the day that is what a spouse is. Infatuation fades with time so the most important thing is knowing that 40 or even 50 years down the line you will still have things to talk about and still enjoy eachothers company. I wish you nothing but the best of luck and hope the situation will resolve itself favorably for all involved.  

Yours,
ima1trkpny
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #39 on: May 23rd, 2007, 4:31pm »

And Iceman I resent your comment! Tongue Not all of us are either unnatractive, money hungery, stupid, or one-dimensional. There are quite a few of us who have brains and diverse interests while balancing that with decent looks and a social life.
IP Logged

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Churchill
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #40 on: May 24th, 2007, 10:31am »

I got a little ice cream for you. How about whipped cream on top? And if your tongue gets stuck, no need to unglue it, baby, no need at all..  

Here is a fine line for you, Sergey, it works every time. Cool
IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #41 on: May 24th, 2007, 12:29pm »

Roll Eyes LOL Iceman... that is almost as bad as these two pickup lines... (they dont work Wink)
1) is your name cambells? cause your mmmmm  mmm good!
2) do you have a mirror in your pants? cause i can see myself in them.

IP Logged

alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #42 on: May 24th, 2007, 3:19pm »

on May 24th, 2007, 12:29pm, ima1trkpny wrote:
2) do you have a mirror in your pants? cause i can see myself in them.

You must look real good. Do you always walk in an erect state? Is your nick  'homo erectus'?    
IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #43 on: May 24th, 2007, 8:29pm »

no... just unfortunate enough to know a lot of jerks... but that's life... they will say that stuff to anyone and pray they get lucky. any girl who buys that deserves what she gets >.<
IP Logged

JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

« Reply #44 on: May 24th, 2007, 8:54pm »

Heh, so what is, in your opinion, a good pickup line ?
IP Logged

rmsgrey
Uberpuzzler

134688278 134688278   rmsgrey   rmsgrey

« Reply #45 on: May 25th, 2007, 6:34am »

on May 24th, 2007, 8:54pm, JiNbOtAk wrote:
Heh, so what is, in your opinion, a good pickup line ?

And how many people can use it on you before it stops being good?
IP Logged
ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #46 on: May 25th, 2007, 1:27pm »

well it kinda depends on what kind of girl you are looking for... are you looking for a serious relationship or a one night stand? if the latter, pickup lines such as the above will probably work just fine in combination with a little alcohol, cause most of the people who would say yes to that aren't to picky and you are telling them right from the get-go what your expectations are. if on the other hand you are looking for a serious relationship, think about what kind of person you are interested in and act accordingly. i dont know exactly what you are looking for (it would help me if you told me what qualities you like...) but pretty much everyone here is intelligent and witty LET THAT SHOW!!! women like someone who is funny and interesting to be around. (hint: if you are looking for a smart one and she doesn't get your jokes... move on... you will frustrate each other because you will have nothing to talk about) and also consider that while some women are extremely confident and blatant, others are more reserved (like myself), so coming up to them with a really sexually suggestive pickup line will make them very uncomfortable and puts a lot of pressure on them creating an unfavorable first impression of "What a creep!" i am not saying don't let them know you find them attractive... every woman likes to feel attractive so just give her a very appreciative, admiring glance (just dont leer)... nothing wrong with that, in fact it you will boost her confidence and make her feel more comfortable. relax, introduce yourself, and maybe ask if she minds you sitting next to her. the worst she can say is no, so what do you have to lose? if she has a date or is expecting friends that is one thing... if she says no just to be mean than she isn't worth talking to so count yourself lucky cause there are plenty more fish in the sea and at least one of them is bound to be someone you can have a nice conversation with or begin a relationship with. as far as pickup lines go... be original... for example... i have a friend named Victoria... and EVERY time we go some place and people find out her name the first thing they ask is "Do you have a secret?" and then grin like they are the first person to ever come up with that... major turn off in her book. my recommendation would be to say something funny about something else (if you can think of something otherwise dont worry about it) as it will be easier for her to discuss something else and get to know you a little bit before you put the pressure on her to talk about herself.  
if you have any other questions feel free to ask and i will answer them to the best of my ability. i cant guarantee my answers will work for every situation or woman, but i have no problem sharing my experiences or impressions with you of how i as a woman see the situation.
ttyl and until next time go get 'em! Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2007, 5:23pm by ima1trkpny » IP Logged

towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #47 on: May 27th, 2007, 2:09pm »

on May 25th, 2007, 1:27pm, ima1trkpny wrote:
be original... for example... i have a friend named Victoria... and EVERY time we go some place and people find out her name the first thing they ask is "Do you have a secret?" and then grin like they are the first person to ever come up with that... major turn off in her book.
Well, it has to beat the alternative pun, where they trip her and state "And here I thought I had to go to Africa to see Victoria fall[s]".  
Or they could say "Gosh, I hope you don't have Victorian morals!".
I'm sure given a bit of time I could think of more.
IP Logged

ima1trkpny
Senior Riddler

« Reply #48 on: May 27th, 2007, 2:24pm »

LOL... I actually haven't heard that one, though it is probably unlikely that they would trip her if they were trying to hit on her successfully.  Wink
IP Logged

towr
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #49 on: May 27th, 2007, 2:29pm »

on May 27th, 2007, 2:24pm, ima1trkpny wrote:
LOL... I actually haven't heard that one, though it is probably unlikely that they would trip her if they were trying to hit on her successfully.  Wink
If you haven't got a good chance anyway, this would at least allow you to claim she fell for you.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2007, 2:30pm by towr » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  9 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »