wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Cannabis »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:39am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, william wu, Icarus, towr, Grimbal, Eigenray, SMQ)
   Cannabis
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cannabis  (Read 14579 times)
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

Re: Cannabis  
« Reply #25 on: Apr 26th, 2010, 5:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 26th, 2010, 12:08am, republik wrote:

It has now been criminalised again. The "problem" with cannabis nowadays is the sheer strength of it, with all the scientific advances and cross breeding etc having seen first hand the long term and damaging effects it can have on users, I would'nt be in a rush to legalise it.

Yeah, I know some dudes who were so strung out they started wearing Ralph Lauren for a dare.

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2010, 5:19am by ThudnBlunder » IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
samson85

kaffeeautomaten büro

« Reply #26 on: Mar 12th, 2012, 3:10am »

@ towr I totaly agree. I think to legalize it is the right way! So all the criminlas can not benefit anymore. Remember the prohibition? Does more people die at alcohol today because you can get it legal? And it's even cheaper to buy it in a liquor store than from a ganster in a cellar. But nevermind I don't really care if it's legal or not. I don't use it. My only drug is offee.  Grin
IP Logged
malchar

malchar2
Email

« Reply #27 on: Mar 19th, 2012, 3:00pm »

I was originally under the assumption that even if it's not dangerous as a drug, simply the act of smoking anything has to be bad for your lungs. However, according to Wikipedia, it was found that smoking cannabis can actually lower your risk of lung cancer. Supposedly the chemicals cause potential tumors to abruptly die rather than continue to grow. I haven't really looked into this much further, and I don't know how reliable the source is, but it could merit further study. If it were made legal, there would be reason to further investigate the potential benefits, although that's not exactly the best logic.

Edit, here's the quote:
"A major 2006 study compared the effects of tobacco and cannabis smoke on the lungs.[13][14][15]
The outcome of the study showed that even very heavy cannabis smokers "do not appear to be at increased risk of developing lung cancer,"[14] while the same study showed a twenty-fold increase in lung cancer risk for tobacco smokers who smoked two or more packs of tobacco cigarettes a day.[13][14] It is known that cannabis smoke, like all smoke, contains carcinogens and thus subjects exposed persons to some increase in the risk of lung cancer, but THC, unlike nicotine, is thought to "encourage aging cells to die earlier and therefore be less likely to undergo cancerous transformation."[14] Cannabidiol (CBD), an isomer of THC and another major cannabinoid that is also present in cannabis, also has been reported elsewhere to have anti-tumor properties.[16]"

I don't use the stuff myself, but I think it should be legal. I think it causes less harm than tobacco, and also more good. It's interesting how stimulants like tobacco and coffee are legal, but depressants like alcohol and cannabis are more strictly controlled. I guess stimulants encourage productivity, which makes a "better" society. I think that we have definitely reached a point in Western culture where it is more beneficial to repeal laws rather than to add new ones.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2012, 3:11pm by malchar » IP Logged
littlemisschic

goobacks rule!

« Reply #28 on: Jul 26th, 2012, 8:48pm »

It's human nature to want to do something 10x more once you are told not to!

We all have a rebelious streak, cause being bad feels good!

poppers are legal and give you more of a short buzz but i don't know many people who use them!

But Cannabis is illegal and  loads of people use it!

weed related crime is virually non existant, compared to drink related! when you have a smoke you just wanna stay home eat sweets, and watch good burger.
IP Logged
benmartorano

« Reply #29 on: Oct 5th, 2012, 2:53pm »

The simple fact that alcohol is not only legal but celebrated and pot is illegal is nothing short of insane!
IP Logged
Mariko79

Better than Van Damme

« Reply #30 on: Apr 1st, 2013, 4:10am »

on Aug 25th, 2006, 3:36pm, THUDandBLUNDER wrote:
Although for some people it is a great way to relax, smoking dope can cause the following side-effects:  

1) Poor short-term memory
2) Poor concentration
3) Lethargy
4) Apathy
5) Reduced motor co-ordination, e.g. when driving a car
6) Poor short-term memory

If these are the side effects of canabis, why the roman soldiers used this plant before batles...?
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #31 on: Apr 1st, 2013, 5:15am »

Did they?
Well, I guess being stoned out of your mind might not be such a bad way to cope with the horrors of battle. (Perhaps not a good way to deal with the battle itself, though.)
But I'm sure whatever source has something to say on Roman legion's use of cannabis has something to say on why they'd use it. I'd have to read up on it first.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »