wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Hating Politicians »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:44am

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: ThudnBlunder, william wu, SMQ, towr, Eigenray, Grimbal, Icarus)
   Hating Politicians
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hating Politicians  (Read 3750 times)
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

Hating Politicians  
« on: Aug 27th, 2006, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In another thread, I mentioned that I generally found hating politicians to be counter-productive. I thought I'd share my thoughts on this here in a more appropriate forum, to see what other people think.

There are many examples of this I could give, particularly ones concerning G.W.Bush. But since he is a very sensitive subject right now, I will use his predecessor instead. Being conservative, there were a number of things about Bill Clinton I didn't care for. I think he made a number of decisions that were ultimately detrimental to our country and world, and are partly responsible for the problems we are having today.

Upon reading this, I am sure that a number of you are thinking "Yeah, there's another Republican trying to blame everything on Clinton" (though perhaps not so polite Wink). This is not the case. I don't hate Clinton. In fact, what I've said against Clinton could be equally applied to every president the US has ever had. No one is perfect, and every president makes mistakes that have lasting consequences.

But the very fact that some will interpret my comments as unreasoning attacks on Clinton illustrates my point. There are people out there who do hate Clinton, and have made ludicrous unjustified attacks against him. Others, seeing these attacks repeated again and again, and recognizing how unjustified they are, now generally view criticisms of Clinton in this light. As a result, even reasoned criticisms are now quickly dismissed instead of examined. The Clinton-haters, by their unreasoning hate, have actually made it harder to discuss Clinton's actions and the negative effects they've had.

Eventually, today's flock of Bush-haters will discover the same thing. In fact they are already experiencing the negative effects of their hatred, though I have not seen any evidence that they understand why.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
towr
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

Re: Hating Politicians  
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 2:51am »

Fromt he way you bring it, I'd say it's much broader than just hating politicians. It's the same for hating anyone. Or in fact lauding someone. Or for that matter something.
If I want to discuss a subject rationally and objectively, obviously I will take the opinions of anyone with a very biased point of view with several truckloads of salt.. There's little point to talking to someone blind to half the issue.
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
Icarus
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #2 on: Aug 28th, 2006, 6:44am »

I agree. I just included hating politicians because that was the issue in the other thread.
IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
iatkrox

« Reply #3 on: Jul 2nd, 2012, 4:46am »

Me too agree with you! Because they gave us to unless hopes but after the win the election they don't care about who will vote them!!!! All the politicians are same :/ that's why i agree with you !
IP Logged
benmartorano

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2012, 2:50pm »

Hating them as human beings is one thing but hating their actions is quite another
IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #5 on: Nov 10th, 2012, 5:45am »

The Emperor: [to Luke] "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »