wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Jesus »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:11pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   truth
(Moderators: william wu, towr, Eigenray, Grimbal, SMQ, ThudnBlunder, Icarus)
   Jesus
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jesus  (Read 14612 times)
JiNbOtAk
Uberpuzzler

Hana Hana No Mi

Re: Jesus  
« Reply #50 on: Mar 2nd, 2014, 8:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was re-reading this thread (after all, towr did remark how our opinions/perceptions changes over time), and came across this post by Sir Col.

on Apr 11th, 2008, 11:48am, Sir Col wrote:
I believe the object of God's wrath (sending people to hell for their sins) and His grace (rescuing people for Heaven despite their sins) is one of those secret things of God. Anyone who thinks they can play the game of deciding who is or who isn't going to hell is stepping on very dangerous grounds.

Sad to say, there's an increasing number of people who thinks it is their God-given duty to determine who should go to Hell / Heaven.  Sad
IP Logged

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Mickey1

« Reply #51 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 3:46pm »

We might want to see if we can all agree that religious scenarios with a physically intervening divine actor or “object”-interpretation for places such as heaven and hell etc. are unscientific.  

A miracle is sometimes described as an intervention unexplainable by science per definition, i.e. if something very strange happened but could be explained it wouldn’t be a miracle.  

This description or understanding is in line with my proposal, but I also want to include the rest, while we are at it.  

(This is such a long post and I haven't read or reread all the opinions, that you might already have made your decision on the topic, in which case I apologize.)  
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2014, 3:47pm by Mickey1 » IP Logged
alien2
Uberpuzzler

« Reply #52 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 10:17am »

Oracle: [to Sad Bard Galdiar] "If you're looking for Heaven, you will find Hell, because you don't appreciate what you have."

- alien2, Dragon's Blood

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »