wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Reformatting: Disc Read Error »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 2:43pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: towr, SMQ, Eigenray, Icarus, Grimbal, william wu, ThudnBlunder)
   Reformatting: Disc Read Error
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reformatting: Disc Read Error  (Read 6020 times)
DarkSoldat

Reformatting: Disc Read Error  
« on: Jan 31st, 2006, 5:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys, I reformatted my computer using Windows XP Pro, it formats my computer and I delete and create a new partiton.  After it formats it then says it is copying the setup files to my harddrive, then it says it is rebooting and the WXP setup will start after reboot.  It reboots then comes up and just says: press any key to boot from disc, if I do that then I go back to the refomat screen, if I dont and let it go it then just says disc read error, I reformatted again and now it says error loading operating system, I have even tried rebooting WITHOUT the disc in my drive and it still says either error  loading operating system  or disc read error.  I dont think it is my harddrive casue my harddrive is fine and I was using it last night and everything was fine, and I put my new parts in and the guys who did it for me are friends and know exactly what they are doing, my new parts are fine but I still have my old harddrive, and I really dont know why that would be messed up, if you read all of this thanks a lot and please reply and tell me what I should do....I hae also already gone into the BIOS and made it so the first boot priority is harddisk then cd then removeable, I really cant think of anything else, thanks again.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2006, 6:18pm by DarkSoldat » IP Logged
JohanC
Senior Riddler

Re: Reformatting: Disc Read Error  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 11:59pm »

Hi, Mr Soldat,
Didn't you notice this forum is about riddles, not about installing pirated versions of software?
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 12:55am »

Have you considered something might be amisss with your winXP CD?

Other than that, I really can't say what the problem might be. I'd have to see it.  
I doubt it's a hardware conflict from the new parts you put in, but to be on the safe side, you could try and see if you can run a knoppix live-CD (which boots linux from a CD) and have a look if everything works. If nothing else it'll give you something to work with while windows is being a bitch..
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
DarkSoldat

« Reply #3 on: Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:16am »

on Jan 31st, 2006, 11:59pm, JohanC wrote:
Hi, Mr Soldat,
Didn't you notice this forum is about riddles, not about installing pirated versions of software?

k..Ive only used my Windows CDs 40 times, on 5 different computers and theyve all worked fine
IP Logged
towr
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Some people are average, some are just mean.

« Reply #4 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:04am »

on Feb 2nd, 2006, 10:16am, DarkSoldat wrote:
k..Ive only used my Windows CDs 40 times, on 5 different computers and theyve all worked fine
That would suggest a problem with your computer. Unless the windows CD got busted somehow (any scratches?)
IP Logged

Wikipedia, Google, Mathworld, Integer sequence DB
DarkSoldat

« Reply #5 on: Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:40pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:04am, towr wrote:

That would suggest a problem with your computer. Unless the windows CD got busted somehow (any scratches?)

thanks for you replies but it was acually my IDE cable connecting the harddrive and mobo, I guess it was just a bad one. I installed windows fine so Im good, cept my video card doesnt work too well.  Check the last topic I made for full story lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »