wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - Looking for a particular riddle »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 7:14pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   general
   wanted
(Moderators: SMQ, towr, ThudnBlunder, Grimbal, william wu, Icarus, Eigenray)
   Looking for a particular riddle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Looking for a particular riddle  (Read 1817 times)
Fredrik

Looking for a particular riddle  
« on: Apr 13th, 2007, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello!
My first post here. Nice interesting forum by the way!

I am currently in a "battle" with two friends over a riddle I gave them. They just dont accept my explanation to it. I have searched the web and this particular website for it (to find if I have the wrong formulations or answer to it) without success.

The riddle, without "package":

A group of 100 individuals are isolated and given a "dot" or marking which is either red or white distributed in any frequencey. Each individual doesnt know its own marking but sees everyone elses. (Like if its on the back of the head).
The individuals cannot give any information to eachother about anything related to the dots.
If any individual gets to know the colour of their dot they are eliminated at a certain timepoint the next day(lets say at 12.00).

Then, a external individual arrives and (after observing) says "I can see that at least one of you has a red dot". Lets also say its after 12.00 that particular day. Then the external individual leaves. Then 101 days later, what has happened and why?

If anyone has seen (or heard) this riddle before or a variation of it. I would be more than happy to follow any links or threads on it.  

I have a explanation(chrystal clear to me but not to my two friends) to the riddle which I would like to verify or reject, I dont mind beeing wrong if I stop beeing it Smiley  

Ps, I hope I dont post in the wrong category, or appear to anyone as a lazy searcher....
IP Logged
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

Re: Looking for a particular riddle  
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 12:47pm »

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/riddles/medium.shtml#brownEyesRedEyes

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wwu/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=riddles_med ium;action=display;num=1027806383;start=0
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Fredrik

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 2:48pm »

Thanks ThudanBlunder!

Exactly what I needed.

Again Big Thanks!
IP Logged
ThudnBlunder
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

The dewdrop slides into the shining Sea

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 3:06pm »

on Apr 13th, 2007, 2:48pm, Fredrik wrote:
Thanks ThudanBlunder!

Exactly what I needed.

Again Big Thanks!

It sounds like you were right!    Wink
IP Logged

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.....................................................................er, if that's all right with the rest of you.
Fredrik

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14th, 2007, 6:51am »

Yep!  Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »