wu :: forums
« wu :: forums - riddles »

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 8th, 2024, 4:46pm

RIDDLES SITE WRITE MATH! Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
   wu :: forums
   riddles
   what am i
(Moderators: SMQ, ThudnBlunder, william wu, Eigenray, Icarus, towr, Grimbal)
   riddles
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: riddles  (Read 993 times)
ttitus

riddles  
« on: Feb 8th, 2003, 6:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have three riddles to ask for help in solving;

what can build buildings and tear down mountains.... blind a man yet help him see...

the man that makes me doesn't want me.... the man that buys me doesn't use me... the man that uses me cannot see me... what am i

(clean minded)  what goes into a woman's mouth hard... and comes out soft and wet
IP Logged
Pietro K.C.

115936899 115936899    

Re: riddles  
« Reply #1 on: Feb 8th, 2003, 2:39pm »

The answer to the first may be time, but then again, it may not. The second one could be one of those white walking sticks for the blind, but I don't see why the man who buys it could not be the same that uses it. But the answer to the third one is definitely gum.
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2003, 2:40pm by Pietro K.C. » IP Logged

"I always wondered about the meaning of life. So I looked it up in the dictionary under 'L' and there it was --- the meaning of life. It was not what I expected." (Dogbert)
Icarus
wu::riddles Moderator
Uberpuzzler

Boldly going where even angels fear to tread.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 8th, 2003, 3:14pm »

The second riddle is another variation of one that's been around here for some time. The answer is a coffin.

I don't really think time is a good answer to the first. It doesn't really fit either the first characteristic or the last. But then, I don't have a better solution.
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2003, 3:15pm by Icarus » IP Logged

"Pi goes on and on and on ...
And e is just as cursed.
I wonder: Which is larger
When their digits are reversed? " - Anonymous
visitor

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2003, 3:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think the first might be:
sand? You can build castles with it. Windblown sand erodes cliffs. Sand in your eyes will blind you, but turn it into glass and it will help you see better.
IP Logged
Pietro K.C.

115936899 115936899    

« Reply #4 on: Feb 8th, 2003, 7:03pm »

Yeah, I think sand is a very good answer, but I maintain that time does help a man to see, even if the building thing takes a little stretch of the imagination.
IP Logged

"I always wondered about the meaning of life. So I looked it up in the dictionary under 'L' and there it was --- the meaning of life. It was not what I expected." (Dogbert)
prince

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 5:26am »

I'm pretty sure sand is the intended answer.  At least that's how Batman answered the Riddler when I first heard this riddle years ago on an old cartoon.
IP Logged
aero_guy
Senior Riddler

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10th, 2003, 5:55am »

That was the Superfriends, wasn't it?  If I recall correctly, that version of the riddle was a bit longer.  If only I could use the space in my brain occupied by obscure info from cartoons I saw when I was a kid...
IP Logged
c-dog-85

« Reply #7 on: Feb 21st, 2003, 1:58am »

the man that makes me doesn't want me.... the man that buys me doesn't use me... the man that uses me cannot see me... what am i  

I would have to agree with Icarus. It's very obvious what you're talking about here. Coffins. Think about it. The maker doesn't want it. The buyer is buying it for a dead man who, of course, can't see it...
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2003, 2:00am by c-dog-85 » IP Logged
budderbear

« Reply #8 on: Apr 8th, 2003, 12:20am »

another answer for the first may be love , but this answer in its abstractness and varied interpretations can be a common answer to older riddles, similar to time.
IP Logged
Beau

DOH!

« Reply #9 on: Apr 8th, 2003, 8:31am »

The answer to the first one is clearly an uber swiss army knife with optional magnifying glass. Your Welcome!
IP Logged
redPEPPER

« Reply #10 on: Apr 8th, 2003, 12:54pm »

Our welcome?
IP Logged
Beau

DOH!

« Reply #11 on: Apr 8th, 2003, 6:08pm »

Aye, keep the change.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »