Thanks to those who came out to our panel Thursday night April 16, 2015! We learned a lot from our amazing panelists, which includes Brigitte- Social Worker, Fay-Project Manager and Glenna-Nurse Practitioner. Our three panelists shared their wonderful experience in the community health field.
- Currently at Lifelong Medical Care – East Oakland clinic = 9yrs
- Worked in SF @ Swords to Plowshares – assisting homeless Veterans = 6yrs
- Worked in Oakland – Meals on Wheels = 3yrs
- Currently Project Manager at North East Medical Services (NEMS), a non-profit community health center in San Francisco North Beach/Chinatown
- projects include hepatitis B awareness, tuberculosis screening and treatment, domestic violence screenings, provider education, provider productivity, and no show reduction and clinic access.
- Currently a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at San Francisco State University, Student Health Services
- worked in various aspects of community health (community outreach/organizer and HIV counselor)
- was a clinician at Planned Parenthood
Our next event is the Social Change panel on 4/22/15 from 7 to 9 PM in 104 Barrows, featuring three amazing professionals currently working in the community. I’ll be posting up their bios in the next few days so be on the lookout for that.