- Strengthening intergenerational bonds
- Improving health of new mothers
- Supporting community services
- Preserving food wisdom of immigrant and refugee women
- Empowering UC Berkeley students
This book is a 54-page collection of 16 traditional recipes from Vietnamese, Cambodian, H’mong, Filipino, Korean, and Chinese immigrant and refugee women. The recipes were collected by undergraduate students at UC Berkeley by interviewing their family members and written in their native languages and translated in English.
Copies of the book are made available free to the community through the generous support from donations to our Postpartum Folklore Project on the UC Berkeley’s Crowdfunding platform during the month of March in 2017. Request form is here.
The book is also available for sale at Eastwind Books.