Chessputzer recognizes chess positions from books and magazines and converts them into FEN notation. More details here. Or you can just try the web interface.
- Some thoughts on the Y combinator a lovely construct that makes recursion possible in functional languages.
- Two beautiful solutions to a combinatorial problem, both from the Mathlinks Forum.
- An old list of expository papers in mathematics that I read, should have read or wanted others to read.
- Computer science gems that have been floating around the internet for some time.
From the bronze age
The Chicago Undergraduate Mathematics Bibliography and the The Chicago Undergraduate Physics Bibliography. Written by snotty undergrads they are useful at least, for their recommendations on what not to read.
A little tribute to the wonderfully pretentious C. Uday Bhaskar.
Quotes which still somewhat lack any purpose.
And older :
Philosophy is a continual battle against the bewitchment of the mind by means of language.
- Math links.
- A short essay on the Sokal Affair, which never quite seems to become readable.
- A cute Python script.
- A funny collection of the best headers of the newsgroup, sci.math.
- The opening lines of A Tale of Two Cities. I have no idea why I put them here either.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein
Last modified on 20th November 2017
Comments to : gophergoon at gmail dot com