University of California, Berkeley
am a young mathematician and scientist in the PhD program at the Department of Industrial
Engineering and Operations Research at UC Berkeley.
My work is supported by an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
You can contact me at anandk [at] berkeley.edu.
- Polytope combinatorics and theoretical computer science
- Crowdsourcing and human computation; applications in telerobotics
- Information technology for rural development
- The polynomial Hirsch conjecture
- Wirelessly controlled physical avatars
Telesigner: Online signatures for legal electronic voting
iCare: P2P charity for disaster relief
- The art gallery problem with mirrors
- Kulkarni, A., Koranne, S. "Path preservation in polytopes during dual bistellar flips." In progress.
- Koranne, S, Kulkarni, A. "On enumeration of simple polytopes." In progress.
Arvind, DK., Kulkarni, A. "Adaptive Mesh Architectures for Speckled Robots." Workshop on Cyber-physical Systems, 2007
- Lee, B., Kulkarni, A. "Collaborative Observatories for Field Biology."
2008 International Conference on Interactive User Experiences for TV
- Kulkarni, A., Koranne, S. "The Gemcutting Approach to the Hirsch
Conjecture (and other open problems on polytopal graphs)." 2009
Fall Workshop on Computational Geometry.
- Schiff, A.
Kulkarni, D. Bazo, V. Duindam, R. Alterovitz, D. Song, and K. Goldberg,
"Actuator networks for navigating an unmonitored mobile robot," in
Proceedings of the 4th IEEE International Conference on
Science and Engineering (CASE 2008), Piscataway, NJ: IEEE Press, 2008,
- Kulkarni, A. "Neural network-based system and methods for performing
optical proximity correction." Patent pending, September 2007.
- Kulkarni, A. "Empirical OPC analysis for rapid RET application."
Proceedings of SPIE, Volume 6349. Photomask Technology 2006.
- Kulkarni, A., Grebinski, T. "gmTest: An industry standardized database
of VLSI design files." IEEE Proceedings of the 7th International
Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, 2006.
- Kulkarni, A., Grebinski, T. "A method for partial selective encryption
of VLSI design files in OASIS." IEEE Proceedings of the 7th
International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, 2006.
Kulkarni, A., Shlimovich, M. “Two Tools for Tollbooth Traffic
Analysis.” UMAP Journal 26.3. Outstanding paper award, 2005
Mathematical Contest in Modeling. Winner, Ben Fusaro Prize.
- Kulkarni, A. "A Gemcutting Approach towards Fast Simplex Variants." INFORMS, 2009.
Large-Scale Polytope Diameter Experiments on the Cell
CBE: Towards a Resolution to Hirsch's Conjecture. Refereed poster,
SIAM Workshop on Combinatorial and Scientific Computing, 2007.
Dynamic Speck-Guided Balance and Control of a
Humanoid Telerobot. EU-US Workshop on Wirelessly Networked
Embedded Systems, 2007.
"Speckled Telerobotics." 6th Workshop on Speckled Computing, 2007.
"Applied Speck-Robot Systems." 6th Workshop on Speckled Computing, 2007.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- iCare: Greatest Social Impact Award, 2006 Technology Breakthrough Competition, UC Berkeley Center for Entrepreneurship and
- Bears Breaking Boundaries: Curriculum Innovation Award
- Outstanding winner, 2005 Mathematical Contest in Modeling; Ben Fusaro Prize
- Finalist, 2005 Stanford-UC Berkeley Vertex Innovator’s Challenge
- National merit scholar, 2001
The neural basis of touch and pressure, Summer 2004, Chapin Lab at SUNY Downstate
recognition for automated identification of supernovae in optical
images, Spring 2003-Spring 2004, Supernova Cosmology Group @ LBL
An EEG-based natural language brain-computer interface, Fall 2003-Spring 2004, Independent student group
anandk [at] berkeley.edu
The old version of this webpage